Thursday, December 14, 2006

Icons / Spinning Illusion / 2006 Survey / Noonday sun? / I.H.O.P. Country Griddle Cakes

Note: LJ Movie blogquiz, by forgetthename.


I'm not the type to take holiday blogging breaks, so don't expect that from me! :P

I like the changes Photobucket has made, but I'm still confused about why LJ had to make the change to the beloved Update Page. Just read a few pages' worth of complaining about it... I was the first one on that post to say anything! :D (at least LJ fixed the problem with the tags field being seemingly infinite!) Yes, I am OCDL... but you knew that already!

Went on a bit of an icon hunt tonight since I noticed that my Photobucket icons album had an odd number of icons in it. I could swear it was even the last time I uploaded stuff there, but maybe not. Since I have to have an even number of icons in my slots and in the photo album (and also because I am very... selective / picky)., that took two hours. I'm not interested in fandom icons or celebrity icons like most people in icon communities seem to be. At least I got some that appeal to me!



From Corey: Which way is this girl spinning? Supposedly, it spins BOTH ways at the same time, and it's possible to make it spin either direction just by looking at it.

Here's a 2006 survey from Jenn:

In 2006, I have...

[X] broken a promise
[] made a new best friend
[] fallen in love
[] fallen out of love
[] been in over 2 relationships
[X] lied
[X] gone behind my parents' back
[X] cried over a broken heart
[X] disappointed someone close
[X] pretended to be happy
[] kissed in the rain
[] kissed on a first date
[] slept under the stars
[] kept your New Year's resolution
[] forgot your New Year's resolution
[X] met someone who changed your life
[] met one of your idols
[X] changed your outlook on life
[X] sat home all day doing nothing
[X] pretended to be sick
[] left the country
[] almost died
[X] given up something important to you
[] lost something expensive
[X] learned something new about yourself
[X] tried something you normally wouldn't try, and liked it
[X] made a change in your life
[X] found out who your true friends were
[X] met great people
[X] stayed up till sunrise
[X] pigged out over the summer
[X] met someone from Live Journal in person (that was a good meeting!)
[X] cried over the silliest thing
[X] partied more than 5 times
[X] was never home on weekends
[] gotten into a car accident
[X] found a person I never thought I'd become really good friends with
[X] had friends who were drifting away from me
[] had someone close to me die
[] had a high cell phone bill
[] wasted most of my money on food
[] had a fist fight
[X] gone to the beach
[] seen a celebrity
[X] gotten sick
[] liked more than 5 people at the same time (... thank goodness, no!)
[X] had a wasted night
[X] became closer to a lot of people

There's another Fellowship email in my inbox, but I don't feel like snarking at it right now... the best / worst part was "Your fabulousness shines forth as noonday sun." Uh, sure... at least my name wasn't in the list since I don't feel like being insane in that way. Pictures available here.


I.H.O.P. Country Griddle Cakes

This nationwide chain, which is known for its big bargain breakfasts, serves an impressive number of non-breakfast items as well. In 1997, I.H.O.P. dished out over 6 million pounds of French fries and over half a million gallons of soft drinks. But it's the Country Griddle Cakes on the breakfast menu that inspired this Top Secret Recipe. The unique flavor and texture of this clone comes from the Cream of Wheat in the batter. Now you can have your pancakes, and eat your cereal too.

nonstick spray
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/3 cup instant Cream of Wheat (dry)
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt

1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Apply nonstick spray.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl with a mixer set on high speed. Mix until smooth.
3. Pour the batter by 1/3-cup portions into the hot pan and cook pancakes for 1-2 minutes per side or until brown. Repeat with remaining batter. Makes 8-10 pancakes.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home