Sunday, November 05, 2006

Saddam Hussein, supporting the American economy, more movie nights

Apparently, Saddam Husein's been sentenced to death by hanging in Iraq. Ha. We'll see if THAT ever happens... I can see it becoming an international political incident thinger. (nope, I have NO vocab skills right now!)

Steph says she and Vivian are going down to Seattle for Viv's birthday next weekend: yay for holiday weekends and helping the American economy! Eric just emailed me and a bunch of others:

Remembering now that Nov 13th will be a stat holiday in lieu of Remembrance Day, so we can watch a later 10 PM show. Speaking of Remembrance Day, I forgot to invite Leslie. Location can be either Metrotown or Richmond Silvercity.

Another movie night. Hopefully, those of you who were unable to make it to Borat will be able to come to this one.

The Pledge: The Prestige is a movie I have been interested in for a while. My obsession with Batman led me to a site called Batman on Film, where I learned about what Christopher Nolan (director of Batman Begins and Memento) would be doing instead of jumping straight into the sequel to Begins. That film is The Prestige, and although I'm not quite sure it's a movie deserving of the year and a bit since Batman that I've been anticipating it, I believe it is a very solid movie. Better than Borat, I would think (and Borat was excellent for what it was, but what it was just doesn't seem to deserve an 96% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes). The movie is about two rival magician at the turn of the 20th century who are obsessed with outdoing each other.

The Turn: Apparently, finding the time to watch this film has been a bit of a magic trick as there have been things going on the past few weekends. And this upcoming weekend might require some tricksy maneuvering to slot in as well. Saturday evening may be taken over by the Daniel Fellowship Hockey Game Gathering (as well as a couple lucky people actually going to that game). But I think I need to get an email out so I can see this film before the end of its theatre run. I would like to tentatively schedule it for Sunday, November 12th at 7 PM. If I can get a large enough group to join me, then I will stick with this date. Other options are Friday after Fellowship at 10, or sometime during the week (even this week) or if absolutely necessary, we can push it to next weekend. Let me know if you are interested.



So then I replied: SHUT UP ABOUT REMEMBRANCE DAY, DAMMIT! *triple-shot of Purell*

... oh. Not THAT thing. Right. Excuse me. I'm better now.

I'll let you know about the movie later, dude. Right now, I'm going to research things that DON'T BREAK LINKS! Seeya.


I know what I'm going to use (one of my Gmail accounts), but my main tester is in the shower right now and isn't available. Sure, I could ask the other 27 people online now to test if Gmail breaks links (I'd send them an email with a copy-pasted link in it using my Gmail account), but I'm weird. ;) (I'd do that to Eric, but I don't want to flood him with email!) Also, I keep on forgetting that the LJ tags field is way longer than it used to be, and isn't a reliable indicator of testing whether my tags fit into the GJ tags field. UGH.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home