Sunday, November 05, 2006

Manifest Destiny, psychic radio, Sarah's survey, BORAT, and 3-2 losses

You know that woman with the weirdly-named kids that I posted about in my last entry? My sister thinks that woman needs two more kids to name Manifest and Destiny. I think that would be awesome in a jokey kind of way, but not as serious names for a set of kids. (I don't mind the name Destiny, but it's in the SET... it can't be separate!)

Went to Awana, and only discovered that Henry had tried calling me when I got home: heh, oops. (I left at 3... he called a few minutes before) It was raining kinda heavily, and there was a lot of traffic on the bridge, but we made it to church, which is what counts. I still don't know how his radio indicator knows what songs are playing on the radio station... maybe I'll ask him about it in two weeks. Joey asked me about the turnout for Dragon Ball last night: he loved it when I told him that we'd practically taken over the place! I think I impressed Kyle and Tamara's mom by remembering her kids' names, since she told them that they were in good hands! Hey, I try to be as capable as I can be... then maybe stretch those limits a little! ;)

Henry drove me to the townhouse, and I was impressed that he managed to make it to Awana despite having one wisdom tooth out just this morning. (then again, I had all four out at once) I got my sister to check whether LJ was working - since it was, I spent some time after dinner reading my friends page and updating previous entries. Yay for cross-posting! I checked my email, and got one from Sarah and Vernon... Steph says that Sarah wants to open a business, and was surveying us about our preferences for eating out. Yeah, I'll probably get to that at some point... Steph says she's probably not going to the Yaletown Brewery tomorrow since she's going out for lunch too. (this is news to me, but maybe she means with the family... me, I'm always up for the brewery, hehe!)

Steph was not quite impressed with my businesslike tone when calling Eric to tell him that we were leaving now... hey, it WAS nice and friendly! Okay, so it wasn't as sickly sweet as certain people I could think of, but it did the job since Eric was outside waiting for us in the rain when we showed up soon afterwards! On the way to Vivian's, we discounted Chinese Eric's saying that white Eric's area was a maze... you just need to know the right way to go, and it's NOT A MAZE! (then again, we're used to it while he may not be)

MAJOR LINEUPS to see Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan! (Citrus and Danielle didn't go since Citrus got off work late and they wanted to spend time together, and Jon had to study at the Bread Garden with wireless) Eric told us that his brother had seen people yesterday lining up at 9 to see the 11:00 show, because of all the Youtube and hype! (Kieran decided not to see it since everything was sold out) We all survived, and made it into the movie theatre.. while waiting, Eric told me that I had a week to do a certain thing. He's just lucky I didn't have my Purell hand sanitizer with me at the time! Vivian remembered, and Steph definitely thinks it would be a good idea... I'm not talking to you people EVER AGAIN! :P

Vivian, Steph, Nathan, Jeremy, me, Eric, and Jen all took over an entire row despite our thinking that we'd have to split up into 4 and 3 / 5 and 2 / maybe even 2, 2, and 3. The location was good for me... not at the extreme front, but only going up a couple of rows. By the time we got in, the theatre was packed FULL! Viv and Steph left to get some popcorn and drinks: we all shared a huge popcorn bag, and Jeremy wondered just how many calories would be in one bag. I don't think he wants to know, but at least we were offering it to each other and not hogging it! (Jen sipped at my drink, which was fine by me) Jeremy said that he'd spent part of the day bottling beer (which can be a lot of work - he sterilized the bottles), Eric said he'd taken Corey to the airport / bought Jen's ticket / played some game, and we all talked about Christon's wanting a Nintendo Wii.

BORAT IS SO FUNNY! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The "national anthem" about potassium and little girls... so priceless, we sang the first four lines on the way home! There were certain scenes during the movie where we were laughing like CRAZY! Haha, oh man. We loved the very end of the credits, too! (then we discussed how Nathan was inspired to make one of his very own movies, MSN names, Nathan's training in Abbotsford, etc.) I neglected to wave bye to Jeremy at the end, but the rest of my car was already out the door and rushing through the rain to the very end of the parking lot! (they got the last space!) Oh man... way too hilarious!

But then we heard the result of the Colorado-Vancouver hockey game: WE NEED TO SCORE MORE THAN TWO GOALS A GAME! (11 of the last 15 games?) Ugh, we lost 3-2! We need to do better against teams in OUR OWN DIVISION (we only see them 40 times a year?!), and against the ones whom we're chasing for playoff spots! Eric thinks Jeff Patterson pauses too much when he speaks... that very well could be. Bleh! At least the new person (Alexander Edler) had a good game as he was recalled to fill in for injured Salo. (we've lost two defencemen ALREADY!) Markus Naslund's the captain and can't carve him up ANYHOW!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home