Saturday, September 09, 2006

Taking over Dragon Ball, Thalia / Thaliana, dumpster diving, Big Boy's Blue Cheese Dressing

Note: LJ Future Daughter / LJ friends having kids / LJ My Little Pony / LJ Hollywood / LJ Zodiac Animal blogquizzes. (by Josh, Kate, and Yvette)


Jon was taking over Dragon Ball with Joey, Richmond people, Daniel, Nathan, Michelle, and everyone else at Resonate: he reinforced my determination not to host Matt Louie since I don't know him. Mom comes up with the weirdest ideas... o_O (he didn't know Melia's cell number, and Steph wasn't answering her phone, so I called her house number and got it from her dad... I still haven't called her yet, heh)

I like the names Thalia and Thaliana. Just saying. :)

Earlier, Corey told me about dumpster diving. Then he insisted that he could call me free with VoIP services... instead of using a deaf relay thing to mess with me as he did in March... uh, sure!

[20:34:14] Corey: what's the sweetest deal ever? like when I got my bass guitar directly from the people selling it for like $350 for $150, brand new? :P
[20:39:25] Flami: Machine Gun Farts (thanks, Eric...): I got this book for free
[20:42:00] Corey: I think my bass guitar was a better deal :P
[20:42:14] Corey: but free is always nice
[20:58:02] Flami: yeah, and I got some other free stuff yesterday too... like a cushion, candy, another book, some other dollar store stuff..
[21:01:00] Corey: you should go read about dumpster diving! people that do that claim to get lots of free stuff
[21:07:41] Flami: yeah, I've heard about that... not sure it's for me..
[21:17:23] Flami: although I guess my parents made me do it once
[21:20:28] Corey: you can get free groceries that way! :P
[21:25:33] Flami: .......... are you sure?
[21:28:09] Corey: people claim to
[21:30:46] Flami: I've heard about dumpster diving outside restaurants, so maybe that part is true..
[21:37:15] Corey: no, that's the absolute worst place to do that :P you want to dig through rotten food?
[21:37:56] Corey: grocery stores throw away tons of food daily, still in the original packaging, sealed and all :P while I still don't know about eating out of the trash, technically those things should be fine
[21:38:30] Flami: where did you hear this?
[21:39:06] Corey: there have been some SA threads about it, and I've seen stuff about it before
[21:40:12] Corey: let's say they get a brand new shipment of cereal... the oldest on the shelf probably doesn't fit, so they throw it away. other things, they're only allowed to have on the shelves for so long, even though really there's nothing wrong with it. so yeah, you're getting the older stuff that way, but hey, you get what you pay for :P
[21:41:29] Corey: people also suggested factories... like they had a Frito-Lay plant in one of the threads... the dumpster was basically just full of sealed bags of chips... one guy said there was a Pepsi plant or something like that... he'd go there every week and load up on the cases of cans they left in the dumpster, sealed and in boxes and everything.. then sell them at school :P
[21:44:17] Flami: wow....... that's pretty much something there if you're resourceful or something..
[21:44:59] Corey: people also highly suggested dorm dumpsters at the end of a semester... rich kids that don't care about anything throw away computers, stereos, video games.. tons of sh*t :P all perfectly good most of the time, they just don't want to haul it home
[21:45:29] Corey: my friend Sean found a full box of Nintendo games once while emptying out his dorm (found by the dumpsters)
[21:45:43] Corey: I always forgot to check that out at my school :P
[21:46:13] Corey: basically the point is, stick to places that throw away clean things in packaging.... minimize the actual garbage you have to sift through, since that's f**king gross :P
[21:47:22] Corey: some people claimed they barely paid for groceries anymore... some people took pictures of their trips, and really most of these dumpsters they dug through were basically just a metal box containing products, not trash :P any real trash was sparse and sealed up in plastic bags
[21:47:48] Corey: I still don't know that I'd want to do that so much... but it looked like pretty easy work to me
[21:51:47] Flami: yeah, I can imagine that would be relatively easy pickings, but like you, I'm not sure I'd want to do that a whole lot, if at all.


Oh yes, and this is what Spoz says about the "Trainspotter Hamsterette" nickname he made up for me years ago... thanks so much for the "help," dude! :P

[01:08:05] Flami: you're FINALLY on.... so I can ask you one question!
[01:08:25] Flami: y'know that "trainspotter hamsterette" thinger you made up for me a few years back? is that some sort of TRAINSPOTTING reference?
[01:08:50] Spoz (stoned groooooove): um..
[01:08:53] Spoz (stoned groooooove): dude..
[01:08:56] Spoz (stoned groooooove): the amount of silly sh*t..
[01:09:02] Spoz (stoned groooooove): I've INVENTED in the last 3 years..
[01:09:12] Spoz (stoned groooooove): would fill up the entire USA Library of Congress..
[01:09:21] Spoz (stoned groooooove): or.. something along those lines..
[01:09:26] Spoz (stoned groooooove): getting me to remember a tiny instance..
[01:09:33] Spoz (stoned groooooove): since buried in the dusts of time..
[01:09:46] Spoz (stoned groooooove): would be like throwing that entire library into a force 5 hurricane..
[01:09:55] Spoz (stoned groooooove): and then getting a dyslexic to find it..
[01:10:02] Flami: : .......... thanks....
[01:11:39] Spoz (stoned groooooove): anytime ;)
[01:11:51] Spoz (stoned groooooove): but no..
[01:11:51] Spoz (stoned groooooove): doubtful it'd be to do with the movie..
[01:12:22] Spoz (stoned groooooove): more.. anorak wearing, sticky tape over the glasses with a notepad.. jotting down serial numbers kind've trainspotter..
[01:12:29] Flami: okay!


Big Boy's Blue Cheese Dressing

Recipe By: Gloria Pitzer
Serving Size: 2 Preparation Time: 0:05
Categories: Salad, Dressings, Copycat

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

1/2 Cup Sour cream
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Cup Kraft mayo
4 Ounces Blue cheese -- crumble
1/8 Teaspoon Onion powder

Use electric mixer to combine all ingredients until smooth. Tightly cover and refrigerate. Use within 10 days.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home