Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Family birthday celebration at Top Shanghai

Dinner with the family at the Top Shanghai restaurant went fairly well. I told my siblings about Mom using sunscreen that expired in October 2001, and aside from the chemicals, they didn't seem to think there was a problem with it. My sister got me a birthday card with some guy on an operating table who had a toothpaste tube up his butt... interesting, for sure. Mom personalized her card with foam letters and numbers, which was a nice touch. I also got a blue shirt from the Night Market with an amazing amount of Engrish on it: I need to post the text on the shirt once I get home and finish some stuff, since I'm at the townhouse. Steph mentioned something about hockey tickets, and Jon said that he would consider the Fringe Festival to be his gift to me: he was also talking to Eric about that and his job interview at Jeremy's workplace, and also mentioned it to Dallas and Jeremy when they called him later. I also got Jon to ask Jeremy about my post-birthday celebration, and I've just finished sending email out now to everyone I deem important enough to receive this information. ;)

Mom said that Clement and Jocelyn had broken up: too bad, since she seemed nice. We talked about Steph's co-worker Clara and her boyfriend, little Clara and her mother's pregnancy, Northern Delicacy and the food there, and Jon's friend Alan Liu. Then we talked about a murder where someone just walked up to a guy at the bus stop and stabbed him in the neck casually, Randal, the appreciation dinner, my idea for my post-birthday celebration, how Erin's doing (Steph will send me her blog site), and various other things. The bean dish was kinda small, but the restaurant made up for it by their truly large bowl of hot and sour soup! Steph wants to dominate the church hockey pool and the guys again, so she bought a magazine from Chapters which should help her achieve that goal! After dinner, we went to the gelato place across the street, where we saw a 5.7L tub of gelato selling for $41.. o_O (we settled on a one-litre green tea container instead... no durian!)

We went to the townhouse to eat the gelato. My brother switched the TV from Rachael Ray to a Seattle Mariners-Blue Jays game. Mom was horrified by the catcher sending signals to the pitcher, hahaha! That was a funny conversation, in part because the three of us horrified her even more by saying that the players were even more obvious with what they were doing in the dugout! Poor Mom thought that they could just send signals by scratching their noses, but then the opposing batter could see them! Then Steph said that return ticket holders could see spring training in Dunedin, FL... and then see the catchers in action 81 times a year! Mom then said that she didn't even want to see it once, haha. ("Can't they just do that without scratching between their legs?! Ooh!") Hahahaha, so funny...

Right now, Jon's doing Greek homework and calling me a promiscuous girl by singing Nelly Furtado's new song. Interesting, hahaha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home