Monday, September 11, 2006

Homemade Pho at Jeremy's! / Big Bucket In The Sky Chicken

Jon and Eric picked me up at about 6:40, and then it was off to T&T to pick up Dallas, who'd managed to get durian for his shakes. (durian, coconut, papaya, mango, etc.) Once we got to Jeremy's, I announced that we had some durian: Dylan definitely didn't want any! I saw Teunis there being geeky and talking programming stuff with Jesse's friend Hubert, so I waved to him and talked to Jen / Karen / Vivian / Christon instead. A little later, some people went out to buy mangoes and ice for the night. Let's just say that Teunis kept people entertained by telling them all these various stories about Fort St. John, spontaneous raids on ice cream shops, his life experiences, and the guy he knows with the sword collection.. I knew Nathan would like hearing about maces, spears, jade / fire, and all the rest! That would really be something to see, if it was legal to carry 'em out on the streets here!

While that was going on, Jon was discussing Christian death metal with people: Dylan loved trying to growl, apparently. Lesley made salad rolls, and Jeremy's Pho was great! Nathan said that it felt really light without the MSG, and that was certainly a good change! Eric was being a dork and insisting that I had four beers instead of three: I had Anarchist Amber Ale, some homebrew, and some Maudite. (maybe he wanted to say that I was drunk... nope, but I did threaten him with the ultimate price!) Jeremy wondered if anyone had actually eaten Pho in the really tall chair beside me: yes, Christon had while he was discussing the Mexico trip with Lesley! That would be something to see, considering that the chair seat was higher than the table! Then he noted that I was using his favorite "CHIMAY" beer / wine glass: hey, it was one of the only clean ones left by the time I got around to drinking beer! But I'm sure he didn't mind, heh.

Jon and Eric asked me separately where Jasmine was: I told them that she didn't want to eat oxtail and that she was a picky eater (sorry, dude...), to which they said that oxtail wasn't really ox. Guess she got confused, but things worked out since Jeremy had five packages of Pho noodles left over that he wasn't charging us for. Maybe next time! Jeremy and Karen were discussing those really old strange laws that never got repealed for some reason: I have a whole bunch of those, and I should send them some links to that! Later on, Jesse smelled weed through the open window (better than durian!) and jokingly wondered which one of us was smoking weed. I was a bit concerned over Teunis' sensitivity to such things, but he seemed to be okay... it wasn't like the table was right by the window!

We also talked about tobacco, Dallas and Christon cutting up fruit in the washroom ("Where are they?" "In the washroom..." "Together?!" "Cutting up the FRUIT!"), my birthday, that dinner on the same night, Daiso, baseball, violins, combining beer with durian, a Kingsway / Fraser Vietnamese grocery where Jeremy got the meat from, 10 hours of broth simmering, slow cookers, and a bunch of other things. Of course, Jon was filming a lot of this stuff, to be uploaded somewhere once he finishes writing his essay. (or maybe during that process!) Good times... and I suppose I should email my brother some contact info. If someone wants to be on the list, he shall!

There was also much fun with the "menu"... Dragon Ball-speak ("Purnopur? Meelk? Jel? Slus?"), prices being subject to communism, "Pho Thai Jeremese," correcting the spelling of "roles" (as in "salad roles"), having lots of footage in the camera, etc. Too bad Teunis doesn't get it since it's so hilarious to some of us... he should go to Dragon Ball one of these nights and understand. That lady is amusing! (but there might be smokers outside, so word to the wise, heh)


Big Bucket In The Sky Chicken

Yield: 1 Servings

3 cups Self-rising flour
1 tablespoon Paprika
2 packages Lipton Tomato Cup-A-Soup - powder
2 packages Good Seasons Italian - Dressing mix powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 lb Butter or margarine

Moisten chicken in water. Place coating mixture in an oven roasting bag, and shake until chicken is covered. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes, or until juices are clear.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home