Monday, September 11, 2006

The Black Dahlia, Fringe Festival, Shanghaiese restaurants, and birthdays as weddings

I wanna see The Black Dahlia, but that doesn't come out till September 15... here are movie / Wikipedia / Crime Library case links, as well as the website about the murder of Elizabeth Short. Maybe on Sunday, if I can get people to pay for me, haha. ;)

Jon messaged me on MSN to tell me about a Fringe Festival (on Granville Island) show: he's going there with the people from the karaoke night. (Myles, Peter, and Holly? Cool...) He wanted to know if I wanted to go, and when I demurred because I wanted to save money ("You're poor?"), he said he'd pay for me since it was my birthday. Apparently, the show's called The Unbreakable Popsicle Stick Gang, and there's a chance I'll have to take the bus there... the show sounds quirky, haha! He also said that I have a choice between two restaurants: a Shanghaiese one at the Save-On Foods, or a Chinese one (?) across from Richmond Centre. Later, I chose the Shanghaiese one. Apparently, Andrea's mom likes the place... *shrug* (Mom wanted Felico's, but I like new things on occasion too, har har)

Mom warned me against saying anything about cancer to Uncle Sam's mom tomorrow, as she might be relapsing... fair enough! She also made a hilarious slip when she referred to my birthday as my wedding: "I don't mind it being more expensive since it's your wedding... I mean, your birthday! I hope you get married soon!" Uh, yeah. Not happening! Jon and I also had to tell her what a grove was, since she referred to the Bamboo Grove (the Chinese place across the street from Richmond Centre referenced above) as "the Bamboo Groove"... close, but no cigar! ;)

Then she said that she wanted Jon to set me up with Jeremy... apparently, he was shaking his head at that one! (then she termed him "very bad since he's not looking after his sister") Guess we'll see what happens tomorrow... reading, lunch, maybe shopping / the library / stuff before dinner and such! Maybe I'll get her to buy me some pop, although I should stay away from that stuff too. I also told Jon about Mom's looking longingly at the wedding planner books at the Aberdeen cheap books place... slippery slope, since we are NOT getting married soon! Thank goodness I convinced her to get a coloring book for Brigitte instead!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home