Sunday, August 06, 2006

Return of my weird books, and POTC redux!

I just realized that PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN and PASSION OF THE CHRIST have the same acronym. It's like when I first realized the same thing a few years back about the I Mother Earth album SCENERY AND FISH and the Everclear album SPARKLE AND FADE. Don't mind me, I'm easily amused. :D

Eric H. came over at around 8:20, and I gave him his birthday gift. He thought that I might have been referring to a giant word search book when he read my email the other day, and he was right! The word searches are good for boredom, and they also keep your mind sharp! When he read the birthday card, he joked that it was another low-effort year for Steph: well, I had to put in her birthday greetings when she refused to sign the pile of birthday cards on Friday night! ;) (I just shoved them at my brother while he was talking to various people, haha... that works! Next week will bring another pile (bigger than Friday's), what with baptisms / birthdays / leaving!) He also signed my guestbook, and returned two of my books which he meant to give back last time we hung out: Ghosts: True Encounters with the World Beyond and The Serial Killer Files: The Who, What, Where, How, and Why of the World's Most Terrifying Murderers. Yup, of course I recognized them! He mentioned hanging out with Jon more often now that he was back from Toronto, and wishes that he had the opportunity to miss his sister! (both my siblings went away and came back, heh) I joked that he could always drop her off somewhere in a random location: "Here you go, Erica! Find your way home from here, and THEN I'll miss you when you finally get there!" (hahaha)

He said that he'd actually talked to white Eric this morning over MSN: yes, I'd passed on the message to him last night! Then he asked what Jon was doing: he's at the fireworks, and you'd be outta luck if you weren't downtown then (8:30). He was under the impression that you could see the fireworks from our local NUDE beach, Wreck Beach. Kits Beach / Spanish Banks / English Bay, sure... Wreck Beach, I dunno about! We shared my Ovaltine biscuits and a lot of my green tea (I had the HON cup!)... when he saw my pizza, he said that he should have told his mom that I had lots of food! Maybe next time he wants to hang out, he should ask whether I have food here first before making other plans, haha.

Eric saw a conversation I was having with Corey, and asked whether that was my Colorado friend who wanted to have many girlfriends! Yes to the first part, and no to the second: Corey is NOT Palmer, thank goodness! (he didn't ask anything about Jasmine, so that's fine) People think he's making up his long-distance girlfriend Fay ("Come on! You can tell us if she's not real!"), which of course makes him mad. At least she's getting approval on paperwork to come here from China! He joked that if we don't hear from him when she's over here, we're to assume that Fay fried him in a big Chinese wok. Hahaha, that reminds me of an MSN name I had once while pissed off at Stephen: "I'm going to stir-fry you into next week! "

He says that it's a good thing he's not really dating right now since he can have more time to work and to hang out with his closer friends like me / Nathan / Jon / white Eric / others. Apparently, Fay's sister (who lives here) told her about the long weekend, so Fay asked him what they'd do for it if she were here! Heh... he had an answer ready for her after a bit of thinking! Then we discussed the differences in guy-girl communication, and some of the more common pitfalls encountered. After that, he asked whether I wanted to see a movie (his treat, as usual): sure, I was up for PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 2 if he was! He suggested the RICKY BOBBY movie, but that wasn't my speed. We checked the movie times on the Internet / in the newspaper just to be sure of them, and then discussed the pedophile news... ick!

Eric and I then discussed wording since he asked me when my birthday was (Sept. 17), but really meant what DAY it was on this year (a Sunday)... I didn't know what he was going for! He thinks he can hang out with me this year for that, since he did that last year after skipping a year. I checked my journal to back up my memory, and it was true. He hung out with Sheena / Chalaine / Randal / Nathan / Danielle / Jeremy / Citrus / Frances / Mel / Jasmine / NetDave at Red Robin's in 2005, and skipped 2004 (I didn't do anything with friends that year since it was on a Friday... well, except Yazmine who no longer counts as a friend :P). In 2003, he hung out with Jon / Eric M. / Danielle / Nathan / Phil / Erin at the Cactus Club. Maybe he can do something for his birthday on the 15th, too... it doesn't have to be the exact date, but somewhere around the day would be good.

I made him update his LJ / LFA / RT, and then made a few minor (but important) edits to my past entries before we headed off to Richmond Centre to see the movie. We missed the first couple of minutes (at least, I hope it was only that long) since we were banking on the previews and the "old" movie thing... d'oh! Some guy behind us tapped me on the shoulder a few minutes after we got there to ask how much THEY'd missed while getting popcorn: I couldn't be accurate since we got there late ourselves, but I did the best I could. The movie was fairly interesting, and also involved a treasure hunt... that's all I'll say for fear of spoiling it.

Afterwards, I was in the washroom and heard a kid's review of the movie: "I'm never going to a movie with Joshua again! That one had way too many slimy things! I'll see the first one, but not this again... I regret it!" Yeah, the pirates and Davy Jones were kinda ugly, but it's not like pirates are known for their beauty! (except maybe Johnny Depp, hehe) Later, we were outside the mall and Eric called Jon, who was at Dragon Ball. Since the time was just after midnight, it was closing... maybe they can hang out next week or something!

On the way home, I told him about white Eric's confusion over his phone numbers that time he saw the DA VINCI CODE ("Eric Ho - CALL ME!"). The house and cell numbers that I have are still the same, but sometimes his mom takes the cell phone to use since his parents want to save minutes on the one other cell phone they have. They used to have one for each of them, but why waste $30 a month on minutes you barely use? :P The reason the home number can be busy is that the house line doubles as a fax line (again, why waste money on another phone line for the fax?), and sometimes people forget to shut the faxes off. That's a relief, then! Now, I should really get to bed... I hope I see Rosenda in a few hours so she can receive her birthday card personally on the day! ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home