Friday, August 04, 2006

Factory Outlet, helpful directions, Russian name

It's taken me FOREVER to get this update posted since my computer is being slow. ARGH! Restart time...

Well, my mom took me to that Factory Outlet place for cheaper glasses (they cut out the middleman by making the lenses themselves)... she was so Asian to the clerk, saying that the clerk should knock an extra $5 off the price of the lenses just for us. I didn't say anything to her (otherwise, I'd get "but I'm trying to SAVE YOU MONEY and you're being ungrateful?!"), but man... there's a time and place for that kind of thing! The price was reasonable enough as it was, anyhow... especially since $51 was covered by something else already! They offered me pink frames, but I took the same / similar ones in blue since I like that color better. They'll be ready by next Friday, so that should be fine. Mom's also under the impression that I'm definitely going to the States with Steph and Vivian: maybe, maybe not! :P (she wishes Jon would contribute to the price of the glasses, and that I'll take the bus next week to the glasses place... I dunno how to do that!)

While we were driving there, she saw two seemingly-normal people in a car near us. She wondered what they were doing: "Are they carjacking that car over there?!" I know you have to be vigilant when you drive, but that's just... overly paranoid. o_O We also passed the Blockbuster where Eric, Jon, and I spent like an hour one night after his uni grad ceremony waiting for Nathan to show up after prayer meeting and figure out movies... good times! (this was also the one where we went to figure out movies before going to Alan's after Spanish Banks last summer)

After the glasses thing, Mom started naming restaurants for lunch, then offered to go see the new PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN movie with me at 3:30 today. She then seemed miffed that I "was mad" because I wanted to go home instead of doing all this. Uh, no... I wasn't MAD really, but I did want to go home and get some stuff done (like catching up on friends lists, and seeing the results of that poll I made about whether I *should* go Stateside) before heading out again at 6:25! (I like being in control of time-sensitive things like this, and saving my sanity!) She wouldn't understand that, though. We did go to Moutai (the tan tan noodles place) for a "quick" lunch (we had to wait, then she went to buy stuff afterwards): I saw Helen's husband Danny there with a group of his co-workers and said hi to him before we ate our meal of a cold yin-yang drink, SLB, tan tan noodles, and cold cut beef. Mom didn't know that Danny doesn't go to church, and she also didn't know that they'd had a baby (Nicholas).. but that's fine!

When I got home, Eric had left me some helpful directions to Richmond Sushi (including a PDF link which I can't read :P), as well as wishing me good luck with the glasses. ("You turn left off Garden City and there will be a mini-mall on your left along Capstan before you get to #3 Road. Just wait outside of Richmond Sushi at 7:10. You can check out the other stores till then. Good luck with your glasses.") Those will be better than the way-old pair I have on now, and I don't really need to pay an extra $100 for ultra-thin lenses! Maybe I can save enough money for a spare pair eventually, too... Mom wants me to email her to remind her about some stuff, but I'll just email my sister. Steph can forward it to her, haha. I'd sleep, but I dunno if I'd miss the time entirely... and the caffeine will get to me as well. Meh.


My mom gave me a Nanaimo Bar (and some longan... Dragon's Eye fruit!) today. She then proceeded to tell me that it was made with chocolate, and that's the reason it's so expensive.

Um... yeah... I'm LOOKING at this thing, and I KNOW they're made of chocolate already anyhow! Very obvious. :P






Your Russian Name Is...

Jelena Svetlana Popov


I know someone named Jelena on GJ, Svetlana is a cool Russian name, and Popov reminds me of Jon's old friend James since that's his last name! Way awesome! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home