Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sewage floods and Lent

Man, I think I've worn a groove in the spacebar!

Church was okay this morning: there was a basement sewage flood this past week, and the pastor made it sound funny. "I was on the phone with the city and begged them to come... please, we are a church and we use the bathroom a lot! It's like Noah's Ark except in reverse! So the city came within 15 minutes!" There was new carpet downstairs since the old one couldn't be salvaged.. no wonder all the boxes in the back corner of the basement were out of order yesterday, since there was a recurrence!

Talked to Dianne about the hilarious emails and her crazy sister: Cindy got sick when she couldn't afford to. Jen said she'd forwarded the links to her siblings, which is cool with me. Danielle thought they were hilarious, while Helen K. thought that they wouldn't be important since she got a few copies of the same thing! (thanks to Randal) Her baby Nicholas looked awake and alert, while Maxine's baby Joshua was trying to eat his own sunglasses. Thank goodness he didn't get his mother's birthday card!

Sam, Citrus, J-Mak, Vania, and I were joking around about Lent later on. Since Lent is about giving up something you like, we figure that Sam could theoretically Lent his own brother: "Jeremy, I'm Lenting you. Get out of the house and find somewhere else to live for the next few weeks till Easter!" Then J-Mak figured that Melia could Lent her boyfriend Angus by that same rationale since he's her significant other!

Had lunch with my parents. I'll say one thing about the ride home: I don't deserve to be yelled at / insulted for expressing my opinion and the true version of events. I was extremely glad to get home! Let's just say that I should never attempt to be superior to an Asian parent, because they'll always have more ammo than I do, whether it's relevant to the conversation at hand or not.


Two bits of parental hilarity:

1. Dad: "I hope your computer crashes. Then you'll be twisting your thumbs!"

2. Mom: "Ice?! I thought curling was played on a smooth surface!"





Leslie


~ will teach you to ~

Manipulate a lie detector test


'What will your business card say?' at QuizGalaxy.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home