Sunday, March 26, 2006

Jeremy, Rachel, experiments, zombies eating people's brains

I saw Jeremy at church today.. it was definitely a case of "long time no see" for us! We talked a bit about Jon's box of books that he's keeping for now: he's reading through some of them, including the third book in a series that one author wrote. (he read the first two, and found the third one in the box) At least he's still doing well, and we sat together during service. (he told Phil about the DarfurWalk he did with Jon in Toronto... frozen condensation on your beard is NOT a good thing!) My sister's friend Rachel was also there: she said that my dad seemed unamused by her presence, heh. She and Steph are hanging out now in Bellingham to shop and spend time together, so that's good for them. Turns out that she knows Clement's girlfriend Jocelyn M. (it's the Richmond thing!), so that was interesting. Rich welcomed our old friend Jocelyn W. and her mom back to church after an absence of some time, which was also neat. Everyone groaned when Pastor Edward reminded us that we lose an hour's sleep next week because of the time change... Jeremy was telling me and Nathan that he wasn't sure if it was this weekend or the next. We'll all hate it, for sure!

Before Sunday School, I talked to a few people in the back parking lot. We all had to move when a car wanted to park in one of the handicapped spaces, which is par for the course. I finally managed to flag down Denise's sister Julie long enough to give her a birthday card, and talk a bit. Then I talked to John for a while about their trip to Hawaii... Oahu / Honolulu are beautiful, and now I have an excuse to go since I know someone there! (his sister-in-law Elaine) I saw his wife Sophia with baby Olivia, but told her that I'd forgotten her birthday card at home: maybe next week or something! During Sunday School, I interacted with the toddlers: Wilson put his socks on his hands, eww! I also helped Sean safely get down from tables and chairs since that kid likes to walk around and climb on things... he knows I'm there to help when I extend my hands to him, heh.

Afterwards, I talked a bit to the older kids and teens. Cordia and Joyce said that I didn't want to know what they were doing when they pointed to the floor for some time. Apparently, they were conducting an experiment to see how many people would look in that direction when they noticed the girls, haha. Citrus told me that Danielle was at a conference in San Francisco: at least she gets back tonight! Outside, I talked to Jen for a bit: when she couldn't help with my stuck zipper, Christon tried stuff with it. Then I took my jacket off and told him to go nuts: that worked better for fixing it, heh. Sheena mentioned how she got all nervous and talked quickly during a class presentation, and Karen Lew brought up the idea to do something for her birthday before she leaves for France to pick Vivian up... might be good, heh.

The kids Natalie, Hannah, and Priscilla were also bugging Justin L. for a bit. When I asked them what they were doing, they told me that they were trying to do something with the brains of people whom they didn't like. Ah, kids and their imagination! I told them that zombies ate people's brains, and they declared that to be PERFECT! No, I don't know what they wanted to do after that since I had to go eat lunch with my parents. That took some time, but at least I'm home now with a container of instant coffee grounds that my mom gave me. (I already had some coffee this morning, and a yin-yang at lunch... so I don't think I'll have any more caffeine today, dude!)

Managed to catch up on everyone's blogs, too. :D

Note to self: Give Cheap Dawg's birthday card to his parents before they go to visit him in a couple months, even though it'll be late. Maybe I'll include something to ease the pain of my Tardy Birthday Queen behavior, even though it can't really be helped. ;)





Leslie's vanity plate:

IW84NO1
'What will your vanity plate say?' at QuizGalaxy.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home