Sunday, January 15, 2006

"Only the food cares about me!"

Eric and I discussed my mouth, his Kleenex box, songs, our weirdness, and other such things on the car ride to church: he wasn't expecting to clean off frost, so that's why he showed up at 9:40. After service, I said hi to the babies: Joshua was very fussy, poor kiddo. I gave Esther and Sabrina their late birthday cards: by the time I catch Justin L., his will be very late! Vanessa said she'd email me Sean's New York address (my sister said I should hurry), and Karen said she'd give Jason a card for me. I told Randal about what happened on Friday, and joked around with a bunch of others. (I also had Eric's copy of the AGM agenda and minutes... a meeting in two weeks' time!)

At Sunday School, I watched little Sean to make sure he didn't hurt himself since he's prone to wandering around the room and climbing up on the tables / chairs. He took Irene and Rachel's Froot Loops at snacktime, despite having had plenty of his own to eat. We figured he was just hungry, but as soon as his dad came to pick him up, Irene told on him! Haha, that was cute!

After that, I talked to Stella for a bit: she's due in two weeks, which is cutting it kind of close for the baby shower next week, but that couldn't be helped with the holidays and everything else. Then I went outside to talk to Eric, Nathan, Danielle, Christon, and Steph. Apparently, there's a 24 premiere of some kind tonight... Steph's invited people (Nathan, Phil, Denise, Christon) over to watch, but I won't be going. Like someone else, I've never really watched the show! I opted for a Pho lunch with Nathan, Eric, Danielle, Christon, Phil, and Jen, instead of going with my family: almost all of us ordered #9s! Nathan, Phil, and Christon were making McDonald's plans for tonight when Steph called Nathan at the beginning of lunch to invite the 24 crew over to dinner: we advised Christon not to eat anything between the end of lunch and 6 PM! (my mom makes HUGE dinners when people come over, man...)

We discussed weird / shady friends, who Denise was (Brian's sister... Danielle's only met her twice and never really talked to her, though!), Nathan's gender psych class (where he had to be careful since 95% of the people there were feminists, and some were into S&M / bisexuality), jobs, customers, retail, Staples, Starbucks, Nathan's voice mail, climbing mountains, sherpas, heavy loads for the hotel stuff, etc. Danielle told me that my brother had personally attacked her a while ago when she declared that she didn't like jazz: apparently, Jon had said she was stupid or something! This grew out of a discussion on bubble tea, which she's also not really a fan of. She doesn't like bubbles or jelly: Nathan joked that Jon would disown her, heh. Nate was also saying crazy things like "pay for a free ride" (up the mountain in Beijing or somewhere), and blamed it on the Red Bull / Sobe / beef jerky combination he'd had during Sunday School before lunch! We all joked around about that, so Nathan got all weird and said that only the Pho noodles and meat cared about him: he was one with the noodles since they didn't talk back!

On the way home, Eric made me identify certain tunes he was singing (like the Mario theme): he even made me ID either the Zelda theme or Big Sugar's Butterball before he dropped me off! (otherwise, he WOULD go through the apartment complex parking lot... too silly, he is!) We also discussed a Garfield lampshade cartoon, Peter Griffin from Family Guy (who also says things without thinking it through, like the Biblical Peter!), blood, flying horsemen, and various other crazy things. Good times with dorky crazy friends! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home