Thursday, November 24, 2005

Alex Auld is a great penalty-killer!

The Canucks played the Sharks at home tonight and won 3-2, on US Thanksgiving. San Jose had the first goal, but then Wade Brookbank got his first of the season and third career goal. (it was a pretty one.. he has no career assists, but he was the last Canuck regular to get a goal!) There was a bunch of goal drama, with two goals being submitted for video review. First, it was Carter's since the net was knocked off its moorings by the defending Sharks player which WAS a goal... then it was a San Jose goal to see if the puck was clearly over the goal line, which was not a goal. Ruutu's parents were in attendance at this game too. :D

Alex Auld made a lot of good key saves, including three (one on a one-timer) during some frantic action around the Vancouver zone when the game was on the line. Man, we had some great PK on the Bertuzzi phantom call for goalie interference... and two goals in 55 seconds. Now we're 10-1 at home, and the Sharks had their 8th consecutive loss. Not much happened in the first two periods since the shot total was 22, but then when Vancouver scored those two goals in the third, it wasn't a snore-fest anymore! Evgeni Nabokov was a surprise starter, but he asked his coach Ron Wilson to put him in to avenge his shaky game against Calgary yesterday night. (and rookie Grant Stevenson's grandfather Glenn Hall "Mr. Goalie" was in attendance at that game!) The three stars were Ohlund, Bertuzzi, and Patrick Marleau.


Alyssa buzzed me, but I was busy playing Bookworm / listening to the hockey game / editing stuff. She said that since I liked reading, I should read some book called A Million Little Pieces by James Frey about a recovering addict. Maybe I'll check that out later, when I figure out what's going to happen with money and such. (I have to get Barry on the phone tomorrow, since he's replaced Mike... shopping, taxes, and other things... eep!)

I called my sister earlier, and apparently she might have lunch with my parents downtown next week. Sounds interesting, if I can get up... my sleep schedule is shot all to hell now. My parents say they'll take the family to Anton's around Christmastime when my brother's home.. that should be fairly interesting!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home