Monday, September 26, 2005

The ordination banquet.... Pastor Edward is now a reverend!

The ordination banquet went pretty well... I got to talk to a bunch of people, and even spent some time with the little kids. Rosanna, Samantha, and Christal were all amazed by the poles in the restaurant which had pennies and shiny stones inlaid into them. (no, I haven't gone crazy.. I got my sister to take pictures of them, so hopefully she'll upload them :P)

I talked to Randal about books and his enjoyment of last week's dinner at Red Robin's... he says there's some burger place downtown called Fat Burger (which is apparently a big US chain) which he wants to try. He's enjoying the books I lent him, which is a good thing... it doesn't matter that I've not finished one of them yet, since I have a whole pile of unread books here anyhow!

I apologized to Eric about the other night when he was trying to reach me, and joked around with Danielle about interpretative dance. Of course, I told some of my friends and family about my week: the eviction thing is no good, but my dad thinks I'll get some extra help... who knows. At least my worker lives in my building, so he'll know what's going on. My sister thinks I should have one last party at my place once everything's final.. that might be an idea, haha! The people at my table were talking about genomes and babies, but at least I got to talk to the non-hak-hai table! ;) (meaning you don't have to be Chinese and polite, haha)

The teen table looked like they were having a lot of fun, since they waved their cellphones around like lighters at an old-school concert when a group was presenting a Chinese song. They also waved their hands around and clapped a lot, heh. The sound system was better than the last time we were at the restaurant for a church banquet... from hardly working, it went to working perhaps a bit TOO well since we had a LOT of feedback! (made us cringe every time we heard it!)

We joked around with Sam, Joey, Mike, Chris, and the rest of the teens. Later on, Eric took some pictures of Nathan that looked truly evil. Someone got a bowtie from somewhere, and some people started wearing it for laughs. When we found out it was Melia's grandfather's, my sister felt really weird since she'd just worn something that belongs to a dead person! We all had a lot of food, and talked about "friends by default" with Vania later: it's where your parents are always the last ones to leave church because they're doing things, and then have lunch together. (and all this time, we just thought they were really good friends!)

From what I heard, the ordination ceremony itself was about an hour... but then taking pictures and such took FOREVER. It's too bad I wasn't able to make it, but at least Denise DID remember to give me a birthday card via my sister! According to my sister, she seemed disappointed that I wasn't there... at least I wasn't skipping for mundane reasons, haha!

I need time for my food to digest, so I'll be up until all hours again most probably! Speaking of food, I gave away our table's dessert plate to my sister's table.. and I have some rice from their table in my fridge now. For the next day or so, I'll be eating pizza and rice... I hope there's enough room in my fridge for what I buy on Tuesday afternoon! The large pizza box takes up most of the space on the top fridge shelf... maybe I'll eat enough tomorrow to downsize it by the next afternoon!


Oh, and I've just been invited to view Adela's ImageStation album of pictures from her recent Mexico missions trip... nice!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home