Sunday, September 25, 2005

Today's meeting...

Yes, I should be making my way to church now... but if I don't write this down now, I'll forget or something. I showed up at the meeting a few minutes late along with some other people. There were maybe 70 people or so there, along with media and video cameras. The woman behind it all brought up the prospect of spies for the owner at the meeting: that was oddly reflective of my thinking about "moles" in that gathering, haha. (you know, that TV reality show THE MOLE)

There was stuff said about lawyers, local politicians getting involved and supporting us, a clarification of what's been going on since my building hasn't really received eviction notices YET (but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens next week), and some other stuff. People were elected to take care of each building, and will collect $5 from each tenant to help defray the costs of photocopying communications. We were warned against talking to the managers about this, or referring to them in a nasty way. The leader said if they want to be nasty, that's their business. (also that she felt sorry for them)

So why are the management / owners evicting everyone and yet painting the buildings? I've heard that it's because they want to raise rent by 50% or something, which is pretty hefty in itself. We were also warned against leaving any of the communications outside the building, for rather obvious reasons. All communications should be placed inside the mailslot, or they should take place by phone. The ex-manager said that the owner has a right to do what he wishes with the property, but not in this way.

Yeah, I think that's it for now... oh, one final bit of humor. I was talking to someone earlier this morning about stuff, and he says he's not visited my blog in a year. "I wuz sorta guessing it'd be 365 birthday posts :P" He also thinks a typical entry would also go like this: "Today.. I went and bought some envelopes.. and um.. some stickers.. and another book on twins and birth defects with the 3-headed freaks..." Maybe sometimes, but not on a regular basis! *winks and laughs*


Okay, it's 11:30 now... I don't think I'll make it to church in time for lunch at 1, what with Sunday bus schedules. Too bad, since I was really craving Pho. Ah well, I'll just meet my sister at Chapters downstairs at 4:45-ish.. and hope I don't spend any more money since I need it!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home