Sunday, August 14, 2005

It's too hot for Pho and the Grouse Grind!

Eric picked me up this morning, and I told Steph all the news from yesterday: she's so happy that Stella's having a baby! (apparently, she wanted one before... but Billy said "not yet") My sister noticed Chris' nice casual shirt, and told him that he could impress the ladies with it... his mom (Auntie Esther) would be proud, haha. Vivian was also dressing to impress, with a shimmery dark red top. I got Danielle a ride to Richmond from Eric, but she decided to go with Eunice or do something else instead to get to her family affair. I talked to Mike and Silvester a little bit: everyone agreed that it was very hot! Gave Darren a birthday card, and joined people in wishing Michael a happy birthday #17 since it's today. (birthday beats galore WOULD have come from my brother if he were there, haha... as it is, Darren / Chris / Ivan / the other guys were loath to give him any!)

During service, Pastor Edward was on a roll describing Tim and Maxine's baby, and accidentally substituting "chicken" for "children" once! (he was talking about Church's Fried Chicken deals on Tuesday, and got mixed up!) Afterwards, Steph was trying to get people to go to the Grouse Grind (a now-weekly tradition) with her and Jon and Erin. Various plausible excuses were offered, ranging from the general "it's too hot even if it's all shaded till you get to the top!" (Jen) to relatives (Danielle) to drum lessons (Citrus) to my "it'll take me like five hours, so you must be joking!"... my sister wasn't impressed, haha! Eric didn't feel like Grouse Grinding, which was lucky for me / Jen / Dawn. (we bribed him with Starbucks coffee and soup with whole wheat pasta!) Nathan's gone somewhere for the weekend, so he can't drive. We saw little playful Nathaniel... his mother Helen says he likes teasing by girls already at four months old!

Several of the little kids said bye to me and Frances when they saw us outside after Sunday School, which is nice. I just wish certain kids would behave better, especially Gwyneth! Ah well, I guess it'll take time! Steph figured out that she wanted to eat something with carbs before she went up the Grouse Grind... she did it once on an empty stomach, and felt too faint afterwards! But instead of pasta (like me and Dawn were advising her), she chose to eat Pho! Like Jen said, it was WAY TOO HOT for Pho! Two weeks ago, it was bad enough... good company and food for the most part, but not exactly good timing weather-wise!

Steph can't go to Tuesday's Rasputin farewell dinner for Dawn's Beijing Chinese university study trip since she has plans already, but she's not selling out one of her best friends: she'll have a more intimate dinner with Linda, Cindy, and Dawn the next night. Eunice isn't going since she eats out a lot already: an upset stomach isn't good! Eric's not going either, since he has guitar practice. I'll make plans with Jon later: it'll be easy enough to bus there anyhow! (which is what I did for both the Afghan and the Steamworks dinners last August!) We also discussed interesting flavors of Kit Kats: apparently, there are green tea Kit Kats in Aberdeen or Yaohan somewhere (in a shop called Candyland?)... Steph's seen orange Kit Kats and banana Kit Kats, and of course we've all eaten the yummilicious peanut butter Kit Kats by now! (if I see those other ones, I'll buy them up!)

After dropping off Jen and Dawn (while discussing routers and setting up the Internet), Eric told me that he didn't think he could make it home since he was too hungry. So we went to Choices supermarket, where he got some chicken samosas and chickpeas for lunch. He asked if I wanted anything, but I said I'd wait till I got home. (read: I mistakenly forgot my Interac card, I had no cash on me, I owe money already to two people [I must go to the bank tomorrow or Tuesday to get cash out], I know I had stuff at home, and I wasn't that hungry!) When he dropped me off at home, I said I'd probably see him on Friday at the beach. He asked if my group was going there as well: we're having a praise / worship night, but the last time they hung out at the beach and I did something at the church, it was a bit of a hassle picking me up elsewhere and then hanging out later. (I don't remember where we went, but I do remember Eric answering Jon's cell for him!)

Speaking of lunch, I've just heard the microwave announce it's done. Mmm, honey Dijon chicken... :D

I just found out yesterday that my Gmail accounts do work on this computer... woohoo! Yes, I have two. I signed up for one through Blogger, and Corey gave me one. I'd change my email address, but it's gone through a lot of changes! But if you want to Gmail me, it's either flamsterina @ gmail.com or flamsterette @ gmail.com ... have fun! :P


PG-13
You scored 52 due to language, 20 due to violence, 12 due to nudity, and 35 due to adult themes!

PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED: Some Material May Be Inappropriate For Children Under 13. "A PG-13 film is one which leaps beyond the boundaries of the PG rating in theme, violence, nudity, sensuality, language, or other contents, but does not quite fit within the restricted R category. Any drug use content will initially require at least a PG-13 rating. A film's single use of one of the harsher sexually-derived words, though only as an expletive, requires at least a PG-13 rating."



My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 99% on language
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 99% on violence
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 99% on nudity
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 99% on adult themes
Link: The What Is Your MPAA Film Rating? Test written by bingomosquito on OkCupid Free Online Dating



Bubble Boy
Congratulations! You are a moron!
does anything ever bother you?



My test tracked 1 variable How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 71% on peevepoints
Link: The Pet Peeve Test Test written by lovemyllk on Ok Cupid

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home