Friday, August 12, 2005

Beer, kids met at the pool, baby showers, and new management

I went to Boston Pizza right after that last post, and got some Boston Royale pizza (it has olives, and I wasn't having the Zorba Greek pizza since it had feta cheese on it!) / hot wings (the extreme heat wings were almost too much for me last time) / Sleeman's Honey Brown lager. (it went down so easily that I could have had another, but I decided it was better not to!) "Sleeman" reminds me of these five kids I met while swimming one day years ago: Sarah, Steven, Sheena, Susan, and another sister whose name I can't remember. (but also started with S) Then that reminds me of some other sibling sets I met while swimming at Minoru Pool when I was younger: Katie and Simon Ieid; Danielle, Kristen, Amy, Adam, and Joey Porier; and Wesley, Calvin, Sidney, and Andrew Goldsmith. I can't believe I still remember all these names from LONG ago! I should go swimming again, as I still have a bathing suit, but nobody wants to see THAT sight! o_O

While I was out, I bought some baby shower gifts for Sophia: a baby shower card, baby oil, baby shampoo, baby powder, and a sippy cup. Lauren's little Matthew got a bunch from me as well, so I'm not slacking! (even little Nathaniel got something when I wasn't able to attend Helen's baby shower... but since I wasn't invited to Maxine's baby shower, I didn't get her anything!) If I can't get a ride tonight from Helen, I'll resign myself to not going tomorrow from 2 to 5. I can always give John and Sophia the presents at church on Sunday, after all. (what use do I have for half the items listed above?) Speaking of rides, I should maybe catch a ride with Eric to church on Sunday since my mom's working and my brother will have the other car for GCBC. I should call him tomorrow, or he might forget if I tell him tonight and expect him to remember on the typical Sunday morning! (it's happened before...)

I was also ditzy after lunch: I almost forgot my bag (but went back to get it) and my Air Miles card. No, it was not an effect of the alcohol. If anything, I get crazier than usual after drinking beer and such... not ditzy! That reminds me, I should try the Foggy Dew pub one of these days since it's like a block from where I live. (maybe when I feel like being cheap, depending on their prices!) Then I should try remembering not to go in my apartment building through the side door, since there's no keyhole there anymore... instead, I have to battle the recalcitrant front door lock! (ack, that's a pain! I'll bring it up with the management if they're next door... next week?) Man, the new apartment management is doing things to this place... when I did laundry yesterday, there was no knob on the laundry room door when I put my clothes in the washing machine, so I had to figure out how to leave the room! (but there was a shiny new knob when I put my clothes in the dryer) New darkish green coats of paint on the doors and walls, too... no longer kinda-sorta faded deep pinkish hues. (plus brand new yellow parking lines and white dividers!)

Even though I had a beer and water, I'm still thirsty... must be the heat. Go figure! Off to catch up on stuff now and rehydrate before I leave!

Oh yeah, and Henrik says he totally agrees we should meet up while he's here in October from Sweden. We'll see what happens... he'll keep me posted, since he is travelling with his father (who doesn't speak English well) and has a jam-packed tight schedule planned by his friends here and in Vernon!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home