Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The dark, sordid side of the Internet (killing yourself in an IRC chatroom) / Beer pics and icons

I was reminded of this story by a conversation I was having earlier. First heard the story on the SDMB, and I was horrified by it! This guy Brandon Vedas decided to kill himself by taking a whole cocktail of drugs, and did it while in an IRC chatroom. Here are the chat logs on the family memorial site... Warning: These files contain graphic descriptions of drug use and profanity.


Ecstasy forum.

New York Daily News article.

IRC message board overdose: SDMB Thread 1.

Brandon, you will be missed: SDMB Thread 2.


Beer icon / picture album. I made it for my friend Mike at Our Place, but Jon and Jen might be interested in this too! (Guinness, Corona Extra, Labatt Blue, Heineken, Miller Lite, Budweiser...) I hate how Photobucket automatically reverts back to the "Upload pictures from computer" option after you've finished adding a bunch of pictures from URLs! Argh! Speaking of annoyances, I also hate it when the ads suddenly start talking to me. Blah!

Wild Rose Brewery in Calgary... thanks, Darren!

Hey, my Audioscrobbler thing DOES work now! Sweet! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home