Monday, August 15, 2005

Dream: A sweet tender guy on a car trip and in Regent

I've just had the most lovely dream! A bunch of friends and I were at a book sale, flipping through books on a variety of subjects. (bears, bizarre weather, Guinness Books of World Records, embarrassing experiences, puzzle books...) I decided to spend $20.13 on a book about bizarre outdoor experiences and a puzzle book, as they would be birthday gifts for a new guy friend of mine. (he was named Jeff, was white, had the most gorgeous curly dark blond hair that cascaded past his shoulders, had lovely blue eyes, and wore a white striped dress shirt and blue jeans) The clerk spaced it at first and gave me $2.53 in change before I even paid for my items! But that was quickly resolved, and we all walked out of the store to line up for a performance featuring our friends Eddie and Sean... there were quite a few people in the lineup, but we managed to be first in line because we knew them. Sean definitely has the chops to do that in real life... witness the Night Market video with him singing Usher and Ryan Cabrera songs! (I don't know about Eddie, though... sorry, Eunice!)

The performance was quite good, and featured their songs / skits. Afterwards, we all went on a tour bus where we saw Jeff and gave him some gifts. Turns out Eunice and I had the same thought, but Jeff graciously accepted it all the same. The bus took us to our destination, which was a park-and-ride parking lot with a ferry terminal attached to it. We were all going to go past Regent College (a Christian place of learning) so we could explore UBC at our leisure. Everyone else piled on the boat which would be a traffic-defeating shortcut, but Jeff turned to me and asked if I minded making the trip with him in his car. I definitely didn't mind. :D

So we loaded everything into the car and were off... we talked about so many things, but he didn't mind when I fell asleep during the car ride. When I woke up, we were in a lane of traffic near the Knight Street Bridge. Traffic was bad, but we didn't mind since it gave us more time to be together. He knew where to get where we were going, despite a traffic jam that made us change course. (we were just friends: although I thought he was more sweet / gentle / tender than that called for, I didn't mind) Jeff asked if I was comfortable, and I said that I was. When we headed into the (very short) tunnel, he said to ask if I needed anything. I said that I would, and then promptly fell asleep again. (man, what a bad companion on a car trip!)

Next thing I knew, I woke up in the middle of a deserted kids playroom. I looked around for Jeff, and he was right there to answer my questions about what had happened to the car and all our stuff. "Jesus decided we didn't need the car anymore, since it broke down. Our stuff is safe in storage. We're in a residential building at Regent, and we'll get to where we were going sooner or later!" After some time, he said that there was something he wanted to tell me, and gently made me more comfortable in my soft chair. Sensing his tense mood, I told him to go ahead. "You know, I've been thinking about us. I really like you, and I think you feel the same about me. I think we'd make a wonderful couple..." He was about to give me a hug (and perhaps a gentle kiss!) when I woke up because the mail came through the mailslot. *sigh*


Maybe this means I need such a gentle / tender / sweet / Christian (Caucasian negotiable?) man and am ready for him? *laugh* Pity those are few and far between... Mom would say I need to go out with Mark, Eric, or Jeremy. Funny that the dream guy didn't look like any of them, aside from being white! (although I *was* attracted to guys with long hair before, I obviously don't know any now!) This is why I'm listening to Rufus Wainwright now... yes, even this rocker girl has some mushy music in her collection! ;)

Now with that, I must get ready to be off soon... must get cash and such. I wish this reality didn't suck... this is one instance where dreams were infinitely better than waking life!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home