Sunday, July 31, 2005

What's wrong with being SPONTANEOUS when you hang out?!

As advertised, Chrystal was back from Korea... it was SO GOOD seeing her! She can't understand most of what's happening there since it's in Korean, but her church has translated things into English since they know she's there.. that's SO awesome! She's made a few friends there, and the transit system is very well organized too... she'll be back in February, since school is year-round there. (she's not even sure if she gets Christmas holidays... she got her week off, I guess!)

Fidela's back from Argentina, and we definitely hugged hello! She has stomach problems (NOT cramps, but they get so bad that she has to leave class early all the time :P ), and hopes it isn't an ulcer. (I'd have seen her last week, but she got horribly sick..) Hopefully, it'll be cleared up by the time she gets back to school later in August. I also saw Evelyn and Kelvin, who just got back from nine or ten months in England. Even in that short time away, the church has changed: violin on the worship team, more new faces, and people changing. It was good catching up with them and Wayland, who's back for a week or so now.

Nathan said that it was comfortably hot outside, so we could have some Pho. I warned him about my "random white dude friend" who was going to join us for lunch. He worried that I'd be stranded since Eric and Jon weren't coming / he didn't have enough room for me in the car and had to go study at home, but that wasn't a concern as I was doing some stuff later on in the afternoon. (his spiritual gift of chauffeuring comes in handy, haha!)

After Sunday School, I went outside and found Nathan / Jen / Dawn / Danielle / Ricky / Citrus. I asked if they'd seen a random white dude since none was apparent... nope. By the time Citrus and Danielle hugged goodbye and we'd decided to go eat Pho, Palmer finally showed up. We did quick introductions and waited for a table. Yes, we know each other from the Internet. When Dylan joined us and the discussion turned to fantasy / sci-fi books, Danielle definitely felt as if Palmer was ruining something very dear to her heart by performing certain literary analysis / criticism on Harry Potter! (but the LOTR stuff was okay by her, haha)

Palmer declared that he wanted to sit beside me and torment me mercilessly, so I decided not to talk to him much. We had a good discussion about sizing in men's and women's clothing, plans, the fireworks, the church grad banquet, memories, and messaging. Like I was telling Danielle, it doesn't matter if you don't want to hear my ideas for hanging out... but at least ANSWER my questions! (we both hate that when we're trying to make plans... but then, MSN is weird!) It's true that Palmer has this prodigious ability to pack away food, and probably also true that I have a squillion unfinished books at my place.. oh well. (I should really finish Nathan's book!) Nathan decided that Palmer and my brother would get along well since they both get like no sleep at all. That remains to be seen, if we ever hang out again... hopefully we will, though! (I never want to see people in their underwear, thanks!)

Afterwards, Palmer and I hung out at City Square mall. No, I really didn't have much of a plan (I had some ideas, but he didn't answer me when I asked whether he wanted to hear them! :P)... but then being spontaneous has its bonuses. I did buy 50 birthday cards from the dollar store, since I had to restock soon anyhow. (46 really, since I got one free with every ten I bought) He also explained why he did certain things, which didn't hold water with me. Eh well.

Now I'm discussing bubble tea / insulting people with Corey... good times! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home