Thursday, July 28, 2005

Finally at Billie's! (Camp Sasamat memories)

Well, it took me three hours (mostly because I was delayed at Coquitlam Centre for an hour waiting for the next C28 Port Moody shuttle bus), but I'm finally at Billie's! I've met her brother and mom, had some chow mein, and sucked down some water (it's wicked hot out there!)... now we're just chilling / eating watermelon before the actual dinner, and reading the 2000 edition of the Guinness Book of Records. She's even given two of her books that she wrote herself (she's famous in some Iranian town now!), and I'm making her sign them. Yay for Ryou's Story and Ahead of the Game, plus my first friend met off GJ! :D


Notes to remember for next time, plus randomosity:

* Ioco Road, Bella Pizza, and the Irly Bird make me think of Camp Sasamat when I was a kid. Good times, especially singing on the bus and bugging the kids and camp counsellors. (Pisquali, Lisa, Paul / Scott / Matthew Yeoman, Andrew / Arthur Armstrong, Jessica / Julia Adam, Jennifer / Christina Coomer, etc.) :D
* Camp Sasamat years... where I thought I made up the word ecstasy because of little Christopher Wong sleeping on my shoulder on the bus ride back to the Neurological Centre. :D
* I once thought I made up the word cookie when I was a little kid at church once. (and thought I made up the word bonafide when I was a kid, especially at the Arts Umbrella centre on Granville Island!)
* Get on the LEFT stairway at the 22nd St. Station Skytrain, or else I'll get on the wrong train going in the wrong direction.
* If I see businesses whose names start with "Port Moody," I shouldn't panic. Coquitlam Centre is WAY out in the boonies! ;)
* I should get off at the VERY LAST stop at Coquitlam Centre. Thank goodness I kinda knew where the bus bays were, because of the one and only time I'd been there a couple months ago!
* Allow WAY more time for the commute, because waiting an hour in the heat is not fun.
* Get Billie's phone number before her MSN dies!
* I saw a baby with a cell phone at a Skytrain Station.. I talked to the cute kid. :D
* Just chill now that I am here. I couldn't have done it without my friends' help. :D


You Are 75% Addicted to Blogthings

You lead the pack when it comes to posting Blogthings.
And your friends (mostly) thank you for it.
It's cute that you insist on being called your Japanese name.
Just stop bragging about your IQ score!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home