Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Emily, Emily, Mom not liking my brother's friends, RPM parking lot, bubble tea, amusement, budgeting

Just got back from taking my siblings out to lunch at Boston Pizza. Steph was telling us about church Emily's boyfriend Mike, who was born in Switzerland and lived there for nine years. Then she said that Mississauga Emily had to be out of our parents' house the night before they all got back... not enough space otherwise. Even when a few of us were over on Sunday, Mom was saying that she felt there wasn't enough space. It certainly didn't help when the guys started belting out Hillsongs United choruses while she was on the phone with someone! *laugh* She also asked Steph how much Jeremy drank... she didn't really answer except to say that she only knew him as much as Mom did. (maybe a little more, but of course there are certain things parents need not know ;) ) Contrary to her belief, Jeremy didn't teach Jon to drink... it was the Ireland trip he was on last year! Then again, she doesn't have a good track record as far as liking my brother's friends goes!

We went to the public market later on, where I had a mango bubble tea. (I should get a white grape bubble tea next time I'm there!) Mom's watch needed fixing (again, after $65 *rolleyes* ), so Steph was paranoid about being hit by drivers of a certain ethnicity. (it's happened to her before in that parking complex!) Jon took the opportunity to go through my wallet: yes, I have a lot of bubble tea cards and a Bathroom Readers' Institute membership card. :D

I was also WAY too easily amused today by the word "gas," thought "Boston Cheesesteak Pizza" read "Boston Cheesecake Pizza," thought a stroller was a wheelchair at first glance ("How would a person eat in the restaurant without their wheelchair?!"), and thought my sister said "I need to EMPTY" when she actually said "I need to enter [a competition]." My first reaction to the last one was: "Dude, you should have emptied at the restaurant... oh, never mind." My brother also took video with his digicam of me laughing like a crazy maniac... I guess I get hyper when I'm nervous! (or I could just always be crazy, hahaha)

Then it was off to the bank and post office: my sister said that my bank account should have one more digit in it, and told me to think about budgeting. I think she was horrified by the $150 USD money order that I got from the bank, and normally I wouldn't consider it. But the sale isn't normal times, at all. She wouldn't have known had they not come back from Roots because of the expensive regular prices. Jon was kinda surprised, too... but at least it's a treat to myself. Lifetime subscription, here we come! :D

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home