Saturday, May 07, 2005

Debit card, Rolling Stones / Zen Priest books, Denny's reflections, much-needed time with friends

Note to self: Find debit card. Hopefully, it's in your room. :P


After going to the library to check my email, I went to Chapters. I saw According to the Rolling Stones on sale from $60 to $14.99! The music geek in me just couldn't resist that one, heh heh. I got a logic puzzle book for my sister's graduation gift (I'm also buying her a steak meal, so I'm not THAT cheap! :P), plus a cute graduation card with "Keep your tassel in case you don't get a job... you can use it in your new career as an exotic dancer!" written on it. Browsing the bargain books, I found The Wild, White Goose: The Diary of a Female Zen Priest and decided to buy that too. That choice was probably half-influenced by my watching Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon again yesterday, and half-influenced by my desire to learn more about other religions. (bet you didn't think I had that in me, did ya? :P)

Later, I went to Denny's for dinner. The Mini Burgers dish (six mini cheeseburgers with hash browns) is so not worth the $8.29 price! At least I got my money's worth on the iced tea, as I had four cups' worth of it. I noticed "fried chicken strips salad" as a menu item: I think that one of these things cancels out the healthiness value of the other!

Got to church an hour late, due to just missing a Broadway to Boundary bus... they don't come that often now, which is pretty bad considering that #9 Broadway Station buses are redundant with the 99 B-Line in service. Since I decided not to wander into my Fellowship program an hour late (and since I *had* told Eric that I'd be there for him to give me a ride home), I hung out in the church kitchen instead. I talked to people on the phone, said hi to Jackie and Chung Yan, and asked Vanessa how the Da Vinci Code was: very entertaining, she says. I'll have to borrow that from Michael myself later on... which reminds me, I still have yet to add him and Stanley to my MSN list. Phil asked me about the new Rolling Stones book: I'll let him borrow it when I eventually finish.

When Eric's group showed signs of being done, I wandered out to the church basement where Jackie and Vanessa were playing piano / singing with Eric. I told Erin, Sheena, Chalaine, Janette, Daniel, Nathan, Eric, Silvester, and Margaret about my week. A bunch of them are REALLY excited that my sister's coming back on Sunday, and so am I. (hyper!) I gave Tracy a couple of cards that I'd been saving for her, and asked Emily how her sister Chrystal was doing in Korea: she's pretty busy teaching kids! Silvester mentioned his birthday to me, and remarked that he was scared of Erin dispensing pills in the pharmacy! Cindy asked where Danielle was: she was celebrating her birthday tonight. I heard good stories about the camp: they had nice weather for it, while it was rainy over here. Melia asked if I remembered the story that Anita told last week for Awana: I wasn't there because of my aunt, so I wouldn't know! Too bad that I didn't see Christon... perhaps on Sunday!

On the way home, Eric asked me about my week. Then he tried making me feel better by singing various nonsense songs and videogame themes, like the one from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. When he tried singing some Van Halen song, I commented that it reminded me of the Star Wars Imperial Death March for some reason... so of course he started singing that. Then he asked me how low I could sing: not as low as you, but I can try! He then broke out his Homestar Runner character imitations: he knows I love those, hahaha. The poor boy's recovering from a cold: he joked to me that I'd gotten Ebola from him, to which I commented that we could die together. His response: "But I'm recovering already!" He amuses me, the sweetheart. No, of course I don't mind him! :D

At least I know what someone's phone number shows up as on his Caller ID... handy for future reference, haha. He tried using Big Sugar's Butterball (La Bombe) as inspiration for my MSN name... I don't THINK so! :P I was about to go with the song that was in my head this morning (Crown Him With Many Crowns), but then Eric said "rabble dabble doo" and that won out over religious hymns. Maybe next time!

P.S. Thank goodness for a friend's concern! I need it, badly.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home