Monday, January 31, 2005

Conversations with Erik: January 15 to 30, 2005

Session Start (Yahoo! - flamsterette_x:aryk29): Mon Jan 17 21:14:29 2005
aryk29: Hey, you needed to speak with me? I'm online now, but will be on and off for a while. [Offline Message (Mon Jan 17 17:10:42 2005)]
flamsterette_x: My Yahoo was acting up and popping on and offline... but yes, I dd. Just to chat, unless you think I have some other purpose in mind.
Session Close (aryk29): Mon Jan 17 21:15:34 2005


Session Start (Yahoo! - flamsterette_x:aryk29): Mon Jan 17 21:16:15 2005
aryk29: ic. No, not really, although I was wondering if my "Lo! ... renege" post was too direct a hint.
aryk29: Or should I have gone with "leg lines" ;)
flamsterette_x: That's what I was thinking about.
flamsterette_x: As for the "Lo! I will not renege" part, that has no H in it. Wouldn't be too direct a hint.
aryk29: Why would it need an H?
flamsterette_x: Well, what were you hinting at there?
aryk29: In the anagrams thread, I posted that my full name is an anagram for "lo, a king renege" therefore anyone who saw that thread might remember my post and make the connection. (I'm surprised I'm the only one who's thought to look there, anyway.)
flamsterette_x: You're going to make me crazy. :P
aryk29:
flamsterette_x: Actually, I think I might already be there.. Eric M. and I were discussing this in detail on Friday night.
aryk29: Oh yeah, what were youse saying?
flamsterette_x: I mentioned something about going crazy, and it just took off from there.
aryk29: Ah, ic.
aryk29: I'm trying to get to the anagram server again. :D
flamsterette_x: Why?
aryk29: Gonna need a new set of anagrams when I start using my new name! ;)
flamsterette_x: Your new name?!
aryk29: Jung on a Galilee. A Jung lion eagle. (Still going through them) :D
aryk29: A long Elaine jug. (Elaine from Seinfeld? :excited: ) :D
aryk29: A jungle age lion.
flamsterette_x: You like Julia Louis-Dreyfus?
aryk29: Yeah, she's a cutie. :)
flamsterette_x: All right then. :)
flamsterette_x: So what's the name you're trying to anagram?
aryk29: Figure it out... take the letters in "lo a king renege", subtract the e, r, i, and k, and compare to the letters in "a unageing jello" ;)
flamsterette_x: Brain too fried.
aryk29: *sigh* okay.
aryk29: You ever play games on Yahoo Messenger?
flamsterette_x: I think you mentioned the name Julie once as a nice name for your, um, future self.
aryk29: yup... lessee... take the letters in "a joule gin angel", AAEEGGIJLLNNOU subtract l, e, e, and g, a, g, n, o, n, leaves... AIJLU which are the letters in the name I chose. :D
flamsterette_x: Lee?
aryk29: Yeah, Lee is my middle name.
aryk29: Just found my anagram... Analogue jingle.
flamsterette_x: Hahaha! Well, at least it still works for girls. ;)
aryk29: :D
aryk29: It was actually given to me in honor of a girl.
flamsterette_x: Oh. Which one?
aryk29: My aunt. It was her middle name too, and she disappeared in 1967. She and my mother were real close, so mom gave me her middle name. She was also born in the same city and state that I was!
flamsterette_x: She disappeared? :|
aryk29: Dunno if she ran away, or got taken to a foster home or if she's even still alive... every time I hear the story, I get a different version of things.
flamsterette_x: Eep.
flamsterette_x: As for games on Yahoo Messenger, I can't say as I've ever played them much, if at all.
aryk29: You on Yahoo right now?
aryk29: (I was born 9598 days after my aunt, and her 50th birthday is 5 days from now)
flamsterette_x: (Heh, okay then.)
flamsterette_x: Trillian, yes... regular Yahoo, no.
aryk29: Oh. 'Cuz I was going to offer pool or chess (my checkers is a bit rusty and those are the only games I know how to play), but with my luck, Trillian probably isn't compatible.:p
flamsterette_x: Can't play either, so you're out of luck.
aryk29: :(
aryk29: Really need someone who will play chess with me... I suck at it, and want to develop skill... and the last time I played, my opponent resigned rather than letting me lose. :p
flamsterette_x: Sorry, I'm not Vernon.
aryk29: Vernon is good at chess?
flamsterette_x: Apparently.
aryk29: All right then. :)
aryk29: I've got a nice set up in Oregon. One of the pieces is chipped and needs repair, but it's a nice handmade set that was probably handed down for a few generations. Had to pack it up in the move though, so it isn't down here with us. Otherwise, my mother and I could play... she's probably the only person on Earth that can play that is worse than I am. :p
aryk29: You still here? :D
flamsterette_x: Yup.
aryk29: k
aryk29: So, I guess we'll see if my post jogs anyone's memory.
aryk29: I never did figure out how to arrange the letters though.
flamsterette_x: Arrange what letters?
aryk29: ACHHIW
aryk29: You said that the first 3 were Chi, and I once met someone named Hwa Cha, so that's why I thought Hwa...
flamsterette_x: No, that's not it.
aryk29: Well, there's only 3 ways to arrange 3 letters, so it's gotta be either Chiwah or Chiwha.
aryk29: No, 6 ways
aryk29: Chihaw, Chiahw, Chiawh
aryk29: brb
flamsterette_x: k
aryk29: k I'm back
flamsterette_x: Already!
aryk29: Had to offer chocolate to everybody. :D Mom said there was one last chocolate covered cherry, and then I remembered I still have a box of chocolates from Xmas, so I offered everyone a piece and had one myself.
flamsterette_x: That's good. I've eaten a large part of my chocolate from Christmas.
aryk29: We got Dad a great big box of 'em, which didn't take the 3 of us very long to use up at all. :D
flamsterette_x: Haha, I imagine not.
aryk29: 'Specially 'cuz we each usually eat 2 at a time
flamsterette_x: Define "a big box."
aryk29: As I recall, it was about a foot and a half almost square, and it was 2 layers deep. :D
flamsterette_x: How much chocolate was in there?
aryk29: Off the top of my head.... umm, a lot :D Maybe 100 pieces, give or take?
flamsterette_x: Wow. Where did you get that?
aryk29: Walgreens.
flamsterette_x: Who makes that chocolate?
aryk29: Gosh, I don't remember the brand name.
flamsterette_x: Dang. Well, if you ever do, tell me please. :D
aryk29: Mine are Zachary brand... the others may or may not have been from the same manufacturer.
aryk29: Why, you lookin' to give someone a big huge box of chocolates? :D
flamsterette_x: Haha, of course not. I have nobody to give that sort of thing to, are you kidding?
aryk29: Guess they would melt on the way to Memphis (was it Memphis?)
flamsterette_x: Memphis?!
aryk29: Mobile? umm.... Jackson? Shreveport? Ah geez I forgot. Nashville? Knoxville?
flamsterette_x: Hang on.
flamsterette_x: Who do I know in Memphis? Adam, maybe... but he's married now.
aryk29: ok, lemme see here...
aryk29: Yeah, Memphis! I was right the first time.
flamsterette_x: I am NOT clicking on that link, thanks. :P
aryk29: okay.
aryk29: So that riddle really has me stumped... what gets hot as it sits by the wall.
flamsterette_x: I mean, I know who you're talking about. As far as I know, we're okay. But no, I wouldn't send him any chocolates because that would be a waste of money. :P
aryk29: hmm
flamsterette_x: What are you thinking?
aryk29: Fireplace. :D
flamsterette_x: Oh, I thought you were wondering about the chocolate thing.
aryk29: Yeah, I was... but I was also thinking about the puzzle.
aryk29: n/m, reebs already suggested fire
flamsterette_x: So what were you thinking about the chocolate thing?
aryk29: Would it be a waste of money 'cuz he wouldn't eat them, or 'cuz it'd cost too darn much to send them there?
aryk29: We sent soaps to a friend of mine in Mississippi once. :D
flamsterette_x: I actually don't know if he would eat them or not. As for it costing too damn much, I recently spent more than $75 in postage to send various things to people in the States and Canada. (and never mind how much it cost to buy the things in the first place!)
aryk29: Wow!
aryk29: Guess it costs money to ship them out to Timbuktu along their journey (and I can tell you stories!)
flamsterette_x: Yeah, it does!
aryk29: My mom has stories of waving to a package twice as it went down the highway by where we lived. :p
flamsterette_x: Wow.
aryk29: IIRC it was something like - the package came from New Jersey, so they had to send it out to Ohio, then I dunno Florida or someplace, then out to San Francisco, up to Portland, Oregon along the I-5 (wave to it!) back down to Medford (wave again!) then up to Grants Pass.
aryk29: The mail delivery person was not thrilled to hear about the waving twice part. :p
flamsterette_x: I imagine not.
aryk29: So it's become a running joke among us to say "they have to send it out to [insert distant place name here] before it gets to us." :D
flamsterette_x: Haha. I wonder if that's the case with some of the stuff I am still kind of expecting.
aryk29: Could well be. Why, is it late? :p
flamsterette_x: Yeah.. it was supposed to get here in time for the holidays.
aryk29: That's the postal service for ya. We can tell ya from experience, 2 day delivery... isn't.
flamsterette_x: Definitely isn't.
aryk29: g2g... I'll be back in a little while. :)
flamsterette_x: k :)
Session Close (aryk29): Mon Jan 17 23:06:19 2005


Session Start (Yahoo! - flamsterette_x:aryk29): Mon Jan 17 23:46:12 2005
aryk29: k, i'm back :)
flamsterette_x: Haha, look. I have some quizzy goodness for you. :)
aryk29: ok, I'm off to take a peek! :)
flamsterette_x: All right then! :)
aryk29: Finished the Rogers indicator! :D
aryk29: Napoleon Dynamite? *headscratch*
flamsterette_x: Movie.
aryk29: Never seen it, but I'll gladly take the quiz. :D
aryk29: Heh, liger :D
aryk29: Done. :)
flamsterette_x: Cool. But you sure about that?
aryk29: about what?
flamsterette_x: Refresh the page, please.
aryk29: just a minute...
flamsterette_x: Sure!
aryk29: Which page, Rogers or Napoleon?
aryk29: Gosh, that inner soul one sure captured my mood right now.
flamsterette_x: The quiz forum page.
flamsterette_x: Yeah?
aryk29: way ahead of ya. Yeah, having to hear kvetching 'cuz I waited till 11:00 to shower... and thinking about how stressful life is for all of us at this point in time, and how bleak things look.
flamsterette_x: At least you don't shower at 2 or 3 AM like my brother does.
flamsterette_x: But more seriously, I can relate to what you're saying.
aryk29: Well there have been times in the past when I have, but that was in a real living space where it didn't bother anyone else. Really, you can?
aryk29: 3 AM would have left my parents 2 hours of sleep before having to get up and go to work. :O
flamsterette_x: Ha, my brother takes them even if my parents' room is the next room over. Not to say that he has no consideration or anything, but if him brushing his teeth wakes my mom up...
aryk29: ic
flamsterette_x: And yeah, I can kinda relate to what you're saying. Not necessarily now, but I've been through certain times where it all seemed that way to me.
aryk29: Good that things worked out. :)
aryk29: Know what being self-employed for 3 years does to your resumé? Makes ya unhireable. *rolleyes*
aryk29: So I'm told it also makes it impossible to rent an apartment... but of course the people who tell me this are the same ones who say I gotta stick around forever 'cuz they don't know how to use their own computer. :p
flamsterette_x: Yeah, they did for now. :)
flamsterette_x: Yeah, that can be hard. Ah, ulterior motives. Never liked those at all. Cheh. :P
aryk29: Not one bit! :D
aryk29: You saw in my thread I referenced a "rather conservative RV park"? We arrived there in, let's see... must have been right around the beginning of November because it was after the eclipse but before my thread. We're still there. And it's the latest in a series of RV parks since July.
aryk29: (Do you have a window that faces west? The moon's hanging low in the sky getting ready to set. :D )
flamsterette_x: Yes, I did. Still there, eh? Eek.
flamsterette_x: No, I don't think I do.
aryk29: Oh.:( Anyway yup, there aren't any others that'll give us monthly rates with this old rattletrap RV. It's old enough to buy tobacco.
flamsterette_x: Man, that's pretty old.
aryk29: It is for an RV. I've got 5 years on it and you've got 10, but that doesn't make it any easier to find a place to park, or roomier to live in.
aryk29: :p
flamsterette_x: No, I expect it doesn't.
aryk29: So that's what's going on in upside down world. Do you know the song Angel by Sarah McLachlan?
flamsterette_x: I think so.
aryk29: I was listening to it a while ago just because I felt like it. A lot of times I'll feel like listening to a particular "mood" of song and queue up a bunch of 'em that have something in common.
aryk29: (It's the one that goes "you're in the arms of the angels / may you find some comfort here")
flamsterette_x: Yeah, I know that one.
aryk29: Do you know Hazard by Richard Marx?
aryk29: "I swear I left her by the river / I swear I left her safe and sound / I need to make it to the river / And leave this old Nebraska town"
flamsterette_x: Nope.
aryk29: It's a good one. Another friend I IM with who is into a lot of music recommended it to me.
flamsterette_x: Cool.
aryk29: Did you listen to a lot of hit music in the early '90s?
flamsterette_x: Yeah, did you?
aryk29: Yup. You'll recognize Hazard when you hear it then. I remember a boatload of songs from '92-4. Ace of Base, Meatloaf, Elton John, Melissa Etheridge, SHeryl Crow, that one Lisa Loeb song is really nice, and so is that one by the Proclaimers.
flamsterette_x: Stay and 500 Miles
aryk29: :D :D
aryk29: Oh, and Celine Dion had one of her earlier hits around then too... Power Of Love. *headphones*
aryk29: We lived in the Portland area then, and there was this electronics surplus store we liked to go to. The latest thing was the 486, and we hadn't even bought our first Windows computer yet. Just Commodore and Tandy TRS-80s. Ah, those were the days. :D Oh yeah, but we didn't have online either. Oh well. :p
flamsterette_x: EEK to the Celine Dion.
aryk29: ?
flamsterette_x: My sister inexplicably loved the song. :P
aryk29: My mother is absolutely crazy about her music... I think all 3 of us like it.
aryk29: All Coming Back To Me Now is the only song I have to remind me of the summer of '96 staying in Connecticut.
aryk29: *yawn* can't believe it's 1 AM
flamsterette_x: Celine Dion, eh? Heh, fair enough.
flamsterette_x: Why is that?
*** You have been disconnected. Tue Jan 18 01:14:25 2005.
Session Close (aryk29): Tue Jan 18 01:20:01 2005


aryk29 (1:23:37 AM): wb :)
flamsterette_x (1:23:44 AM): Sorry! Yahoo decided to be temperamental when I got randomly disconnected just now.
aryk29 (1:23:57 AM): Ah, ic.
aryk29 (1:24:56 AM): I'm getting tired and probably keeping my parents from getting too deep a sleep so I should probably call it a umm, early morning. It's been fun chatting! :)
flamsterette_x (1:25:19 AM): Haha, you probably should then! It's been fun chatting with you too! :)
flamsterette_x (1:25:26 AM): Tell me about the music thing some other day then!
aryk29 (1:25:46 AM): What music thing, summer '96 and All Coming Back To Me Now?
flamsterette_x (1:26:04 AM): Yeah, that.
aryk29 (1:26:19 AM): OK I'll just cursor-up to my earlier message...
aryk29 (1:26:21 AM): Well, we had been listening to a lot of country-western up until we left Oregon the first time. Staying with my grandparents in CT, they weren't into any of the music that the rest of us liked (although I played a tape of Enya once and they didn't seem to mind that) so we didn't listen to a lot of music. But that one song was all over the radio at the time, so somehow we caught it and would listen to it whenever we could. Just one of life's strange quirks that only one song got stuck in my memory as associated with that place / time. It's fitting too, that it should be by a French-Canadian artist because these were my French-Canadian grandparents. :D
flamsterette_x (1:26:57 AM): Heh, I'd imagine so. :D
flamsterette_x (1:27:09 AM): Now you get some sleep, you hear? :)
flamsterette_x (1:27:15 AM): Good night and talk to you later!
aryk29 (1:27:17 AM): :D
aryk29 (1:27:21 AM): bcnu then


Session Start (Yahoo! - flamsterette_x:aryk29): Thu Jan 20 16:47:23 2005
flamsterette_x: Hey. There's one thing I gotta say. "Julie Lee" kinda flows, but not really if you're against repeated sounds. Then again, my friend Billy Lee doesn't have a problem with it now. So there you go. :)
Session Close (aryk29): Thu Jan 20 16:48:40 2005


Session Start (Yahoo! - flamsterette_x:aryk29): Thu Jan 20 16:48:54 2005
aryk29: I see. :)
aryk29: (Except I would use Julie as the diminutive and Julia as the formal name)
flamsterette_x: That reminds me. Julia Roberts' real name is Julie.
aryk29: Isn't one the diminutive of the other?
flamsterette_x: No, her name is Julie Roberts. But when she went to register at the Screen Guild or whatever it's called, there was another actress by that name.
aryk29: Well, sheesh... here I thought they were the same name. :p
flamsterette_x: Hang on.
flamsterette_x: This book says it is.
aryk29: *whew* :D
flamsterette_x: But how are you?
aryk29: The online was out for about 3 1/2 hours this afternoon.
flamsterette_x: I see.
aryk29: So we picked up the phone and called the manager, and 5 minutes later it was back online. Come to find out, she didn't even do anything; it came up by itself. *thud*
aryk29: (Did you ever post this quiz? If not, may I?)
flamsterette_x: Yes, I did at the old board.
aryk29: I'm trying to think if we have enough new members to warrant reposting it.
flamsterette_x: Might be due for a repost. Hang on before you do, though.
aryk29: ok (gonna hafta save the URL for the pic, then)
flamsterette_x: While you're at it, go check the Name Association Thread again please.
aryk29: ok
aryk29: brb
flamsterette_x: k
aryk29: Had to go photograph a sunset. :D
aryk29: So if I post Nancy (Ann Wilson's sister), that is a valid play in this game? Or do I need to associate all the names?
flamsterette_x: You might want to do more than one, yes.
aryk29: okay, lemme see then....
aryk29: You'd think it'd be easy, but it isn't...
aryk29: :p
flamsterette_x: Oh, and as for the 80s music quiz, I think it was posted in October 2003 at this board, but was deleted in that clean-up they did a while back. So go ahead and post it.
aryk29: ok, I will :D
aryk29: Meanwhile I'll do two with the name thing. Just thought of a second one :D
flamsterette_x: Okay then. :D
flamsterette_x: Oh, by the way... that was a NICE hint! ;)
aryk29: What hint?
aryk29: (honestly I forgot)
flamsterette_x: This one.
aryk29: Oh yeah, that... haha, I thought the word was STRANGERS, but ended up embarrassing myself because my post read a different tone than I intended. *doh* *blush1*
aryk29: But yeah, my comment stands. :D
flamsterette_x: I'm sure it does.
*** You have been disconnected. Thu Jan 20 17:19:12 2005.
*** "aryk29" signed on at Thu Jan 20 17:19:18 2005.
aryk29: wb :)
flamsterette_x: How did that happen?!
aryk29: Dunno... it said you signed off and back on again.
flamsterette_x: Yeah, I got that too...
aryk29: (It won't let me take the Eyes quiz because zenhex.com isn't resolving even with the IP in my HOSTS... aaaaaagh, I hate having half the internet blocked off.)
flamsterette_x: Sorry, nothing I can do about it.
aryk29: I know :)
flamsterette_x: That's STILL going on, though?! Aiyoh!
aryk29: Well, I've yet to leave this RV park... though as of today, the idea became much more tempting
aryk29: (I just made it sound like it wasn't tempting already :p )
aryk29: food's gonna be ready soon... then if I can chase Dad off the other 'puter, I'll be able to xfer the pics from the camera.
flamsterette_x: Heh, sounds good then.
aryk29: still here just hab my mouf full of food. :D
flamsterette_x: Speaking of which, I'm obsessed.
aryk29: ?
flamsterette_x: Food.
aryk29: Whyzat?
flamsterette_x: Sushi, chili, steak, and other things have been on my brain.
aryk29: Steak with A-1 sauce? :D
*** "aryk29" signed off at Thu Jan 20 17:39:32 2005.
*** "aryk29" signed on at Thu Jan 20 17:39:35 2005.
aryk29: (stealth)
flamsterette_x: No, but that wouldn't go amiss either.
flamsterette_x: Don't tell me that you know about those jokes. :D
aryk29: What jokes?
flamsterette_x: "Steak with A-1 sauce?"
aryk29: I always use large doses of A1 sauce when eating beef.
flamsterette_x: Okay, never mind.
flamsterette_x: The Richmond Crew used to have this THING with A-1 steak sauce. Haha.
aryk29: I don't know who the Richmond Crew is or what they're all about. *blush*
aryk29: (and I have a thing with steak sauce too... it gets piled high on my plate! :D )
flamsterette_x: You're talking to one of them.
flamsterette_x: And that's not the thing we're talking about.
aryk29: well DUH, I knew that! :D It's not?
flamsterette_x: No, it's where you put A-1 Steak Sauce on everything, up to and including Booty Burgers.
aryk29: *points to status text* I probably don't want to ask what a booty burger is :p
aryk29: Ya know, I tend to drench my foods in stuff. With beef, it's steak sauce; with fried rice, I aways go overboard on the soy sauce; and there's this one restaurant where I get tamales and flautas and bury them in chipotle salsa. :D
*** Auto-response sent to aryk29: I am currently idle.
aryk29:
aryk29: I see that. :p
flamsterette_x: *status text fiend*
aryk29: :p :D
aryk29: Yeah, I almost put a Tchaikovsky reference in there just on a whim. :D
flamsterette_x: Says "Custom."
aryk29: Should say "city of lost wages"
aryk29: Okay, how about now?
flamsterette_x: Custom.
flamsterette_x: Don't make me switch. :P
aryk29: You on Trillian right now?
flamsterette_x: Yes.
aryk29: that'd be why... it doesn't do status texts, half the smileys, and I'd be willing to bet it doesn't do games either.
aryk29: Hey, did you notice I tried your what kind of guy quiz, but not the ballgame players one? :D
aryk29: brb gotta xfer the pix, finally -- w00t!
flamsterette_x: k
flamsterette_x: no
aryk29: Got the photos done!
flamsterette_x: Cool.
aryk29: I'm going to take them down in a few minutes so they don't stay online
aryk29: *sigh* yahoo screwed up the last 3... do you see all 6 hyperlinks?
flamsterette_x: I see a bunch of hyperlinks.
aryk29: there should be 6 images. I'm going to make a panorama. :D
flamsterette_x: And just how are you going to do that if you're taking the images offline?
aryk29: Copy them to my 'puter first. :p
flamsterette_x: Like my status text says, I *am* a ditz head. :P
aryk29: Oh yeah, I was going to ask you about that. :p It's not showing a status text at the moment, though.
flamsterette_x: Okay, yesterday's status text then. ;)
aryk29: :D
aryk29: (Just making sure it's not another IM client compatibility issue.)
flamsterette_x: Now?
aryk29: I see it, I see it! :D
*** Auto-response sent to aryk29: total ditz head :P
aryk29: So why do you say that?
flamsterette_x: What?
aryk29: Why do you call yourself a total ditz head?
flamsterette_x: Because I am / was totally spacing out. :P
aryk29: Okay.
flamsterette_x: I'd send you a conversation for evidence, but Yahoo has a character limit.
aryk29: Ah, I see. Well you could tell me the gist if you want, and that would be good enough. :)
flamsterette_x: I was trying to tell Corey the gist of it, and then gave up and sent him the conversation.
aryk29: oh
flamsterette_x: Wait. What's your email address?
aryk29: umop_apisdn916@hotmail.com
flamsterette_x: Speaking of such, I've changed my email address.
aryk29: Gotta update my contacts list then! :D
aryk29: (It might take a while for the email to go through... my mother sent me a message one afternoon a couple days ago that didn't even come in until the next morning. :O )
flamsterette_x: There. Sent.
flamsterette_x: Oh, that reminds me. I tried changing my address at the Dope, and I haven't gotten a validation email yet.
aryk29: Wonders ever cease, I got it! *woot* So you are @ Yahoo now.
flamsterette_x: Yes.
aryk29: Oh, you haven't? :( Have you emailed TubaDiva?
flamsterette_x: Haven't.
flamsterette_x: Which reminds me.
flamsterette_x: Do you know anyone named Andrew, Mary, Leah, Nick, or Laura?
aryk29: I knew a Laura back in early '96; a Nick in '91, and a different Nick sometime around the late 1980s.
flamsterette_x: Good.
flamsterette_x: Maybe I should email TubaDiva then....
aryk29: You have her address?
flamsterette_x: As I seem to recall, it's tubadiva@aol.com
aryk29: yup
aryk29: You didn't ask me if I knew friends or relatives of Laura or Nick though. ;)
flamsterette_x: Well, do you?
aryk29: Nick had a sister, Natalie... Laura also had a sister, but danged if I remember her name.
flamsterette_x: Just put that down, then. I know at least 3 or 4 Natalies. ;)
aryk29: :D
flamsterette_x: IF you were to know my middle name, would you post it?
aryk29: No. :D
flamsterette_x: Well, there goes THAT idea. :P
flamsterette_x: Wait. You said no.
flamsterette_x: Eh. We'll see when I'm in the mood.
aryk29: DId you forget my response to that one quiz where they asked if I could keep a secret? :p
aryk29: Don't have to tell me if you don't want to. :)
flamsterette_x: Haha, didn't think of that.
flamsterette_x: Later perhaps.
aryk29: k
aryk29: Splicing pics together to make a panorama is tough. It wants to curl up into an arc!
flamsterette_x: *imagines an arc of pictures*
flamsterette_x: haha, that's hard
aryk29: Maybe I'll show ya when it's done... if I ever get it done. Eats a lot of memory and CPU cycles.
flamsterette_x: Okay then.
aryk29: Gosh, it's only 112 MB... why is this thing being so slow. :p
flamsterette_x: Uh..... "112 MB." :P
aryk29: Yup. :D
aryk29: 5000 x 3000 x 24 bit color, 2 layers. :D
flamsterette_x: Nice.
aryk29: Got 3 images out of 6... I'm just going to crop and resize the thing. Have to write a program to bend the pics the right way so that they'll splice together.
flamsterette_x: You don't want to know what I'm thinking of. :P
aryk29: ?
flamsterette_x: Unfortunately, one of the legacies a certain someone left me was a dirty mind. :P
aryk29: You too, huh? Fair enough then. But you're in good company. :p
aryk29: So did you want to see the arc of pictures?
flamsterette_x: All right then.
flamsterette_x: Sure, why not?
aryk29: Sent. :)
flamsterette_x: It has.
aryk29: My turn being ditzy. :p
flamsterette_x: How so?
aryk29: Dunno what you mean "it has"
flamsterette_x: You said "Sent." So I was confirming.
aryk29: Ah, good. :D
aryk29: I took a stereogram photo by accdent.
flamsterette_x: Is that a good thing?
aryk29: It's one of those "oh, neat" type unexpected things. :D
flamsterette_x: Stereolab... wooo!
aryk29: Do you prefer the type that require the red & blue 3D glasses, or the type you have to look at cross-eyed?
flamsterette_x: What?!
aryk29: Of stereograms... the kind that's all red and blue that becomes 3D when viewed with 1950s style movie theater glasses, or the type that has 2 similar images side by side that blend together into a 3D image.
flamsterette_x: No idea.
aryk29: Ah well, no biggie. :)
aryk29: brb
flamsterette_x: k
Session Close (aryk29): Thu Jan 20 20:08:08 2005


Session Start (Yahoo! - flamsterette_x:aryk29): Thu Jan 20 20:09:19 2005
aryk29: k I'm back :)
*** Auto-response sent to aryk29: total ditz head :P
aryk29: :D
Session Close (aryk29): Thu Jan 20 20:09:31 2005


Session Start (Yahoo! - flamsterette_x:aryk29): Thu Jan 20 20:09:50 2005
flamsterette_x: so you say
Session Close (aryk29): Thu Jan 20 20:10:01 2005


Session Start (Yahoo! - flamsterette_x:aryk29): Thu Jan 20 20:10:32 2005
aryk29: Why, so I did.
*** Auto-response sent to aryk29: total ditz head :P
aryk29: Oh, I get it - "total ditz head :P" is your auto responder. Good. Now I have something else to call the cat besides Knot Head or Numbskull. :D
Session Close (aryk29): Thu Jan 20 20:17:08 2005


Session Start (Yahoo! - flamsterette_x:aryk29): Thu Jan 20 20:20:39 2005
flamsterette_x: Yes!
flamsterette_x: That is my auto-response. :D
Session Close (aryk29): Thu Jan 20 20:25:01 2005


Session Start (Yahoo! - flamsterette_x:aryk29): Sun Jan 23 13:08:59 2005
flamsterette_x: Ah, finally I have you in my clutches and I will never let you go. ;)
Session Close (aryk29): Sun Jan 23 13:09:19 2005


Session Start (Yahoo! - flamsterette_x:aryk29): Sun Jan 23 13:09:23 2005
aryk29:
aryk29: So, 'tsup? :)
flamsterette_x: Thought I'd bug you for once.
flamsterette_x: But actually, besides that.. I have something to tell you.
aryk29: Okay, shoot. :)
flamsterette_x: I don't want to do THAT!
flamsterette_x: But seriously. You want to know what my middle name is?
aryk29: Sure, okay. And I meant "shoot" as in "go for it". :D
flamsterette_x: I knew THAT. :P Was going for the laughs.
aryk29: then
aryk29: :D
flamsterette_x: Now, DO NOT TELL ANYONE... even if they threaten Chinese bamboo torture under your fingernails.
aryk29:
flamsterette_x: (it's not THAT much of an under-wraps thing, but I bet my own person of interest wouldn't know how to spell it, haha)
aryk29: I've been following the thread just to see if anyone's said anything I need to respond to, not so much anymore out of an interest in the discussion they're having. :)
aryk29: Besides, how can they torture me on a message board? ;)
flamsterette_x: Haha, this is true.
flamsterette_x: I have no idea, but you never know.
aryk29: I think reebee is very close, no? (Of course I won't tell her that!)
flamsterette_x: She and Viper are very close, yes. Mike was kinda close too.
aryk29: Viper? Lemme check...
flamsterette_x: Well, he guessed the same thing reebs did earlier on..
aryk29: Oh.
aryk29: Yup, I see that. :D
flamsterette_x: Mike was close, too.
aryk29: Yeah... Chihuahua. :D
flamsterette_x: Reminds me of a nickname my mom (of all the people) made up. Chiwahwah.
aryk29: :D
aryk29: Is that derived from Chiwah? ;)
aryk29: (Funny how Spanish does that... the sound of the u becomes a w before a or e... French does the same with the word oui :D )
flamsterette_x: That's not quite what I had in mind, but sure.... if you want to misspace / mis-capitalize it. ;)
aryk29: Chi Wah then. :D
aryk29: (food's ready I gotta wash the cat fur off my grubby mitts, brb :D )
flamsterette_x: k
aryk29: We were out of Thousand Island, so this time it's steak sauce on my burger.
flamsterette_x: Salad dressing on your burger? AIYA
aryk29: Pourquoi pas? I always put salad dressing on cheeseburger.
flamsterette_x: That just sounds... unusual.
aryk29: Huh. Not to me. In fact, McDonalds' "special sauce" is nothing more than Thousand Island. Not that I'd eat a McD's burger.
flamsterette_x: Not unless I HAD to, not after hearing my brother say stuff about SUPER SIZE ME last summer.
aryk29: Do I even want to know?
aryk29: brb
flamsterette_x: After watching the movie and listening to his friend Ty, he decided to eat healthier.
aryk29: oic... haven't seen many recent movies lately. The cinema is practically a stranger to the upside down household. Partially because of the price of movie tickets.
aryk29: upside down household = ployasnoy :D
aryk29: I know about what fast food joints do to chicken though. :O
flamsterette_x: Ployasnoy?
aryk29: Household upside down. :D Kinda like, I forget... did you see that thread where Spongemom said, "I am not the Grapist" ?
flamsterette_x: Don't make me do this again.
aryk29: Okay, never mind. :p
flamsterette_x: You're kinda right.
flamsterette_x: Um, I might have.
aryk29: Everyone was making their own "this post x-ed by the x-er" joke on the OP, so I did a quick paragraph rotated 180° and said "This post has been turned upside down by umop ap!sdn" :D
flamsterette_x: Aiya.
aryk29: Yeah it read like a bunch of gibberish. One poster basically said "what!?" and another said something like "it's the OP upside down - just trust me on this one."
flamsterette_x: So was it?
aryk29: I'll find it in a minute..
flamsterette_x: k
aryk29: post number 131 :D
flamsterette_x: Snap!
flamsterette_x: You've given me an idea now. Pity I can't execute it in my fine style.
aryk29: ?
flamsterette_x: Haha, give me 10 minutes or 20.
aryk29: k :)
flamsterette_x: I'm still here.
aryk29: Good. :) I had to run to the store to pick up a Sunday paper.
aryk29: So did you execute your diabolical plan yet? *excited*
flamsterette_x: No.
aryk29: Methinks my connection's being slow. :(
aryk29: Trying to get a post through and it's taking for - ever... and it's not even on the Dope.
flamsterette_x: Damn. Really?
aryk29: Yeah - seems to have sorted itself out. Hey, now I have something for the Ctrl+V game! :D
flamsterette_x: The... oh, okay. While you're at it, take a look at my answers to yours in the Name one.
aryk29: k, I will :)
aryk29: I see my post as the most recent.
flamsterette_x: In which thread?
aryk29: Name Association Game
flamsterette_x: When did you post it?
aryk29: 12:48 PM
flamsterette_x: In response to all the "Gordon and Andrea" ones?
aryk29: Yeah... sorry, but the Apprentice was all I could think of. *rotf3*
flamsterette_x: Um.. I'll have to look at that later. Still constructing.
aryk29: Okay. :)
aryk29: Remember I said I was sorting my music files?
flamsterette_x: Yes.
aryk29: Well, now my playlists are screwed up.
flamsterette_x: How so?
aryk29: They're expecting all the files to be in the same directory, but they're not anymore. Just now I was fixing up my Eagles Greatest Hits playlist because the old files were in .WAV format from an old tape, and the new ones are MP3s from a CD we bought.
flamsterette_x: Oh. So can you fix it?
aryk29: Yeah. Most of them just needed moving, but I got a program that keeps track of them and creates chronological playlists and stuff, so the text files with all the info will have to be parsed and moved around... what a headache!
flamsterette_x: Eek, I can imagine.
flamsterette_x: is it just me, or is the Dope really slow?
aryk29: Hang on, I'll check...
flamsterette_x: k
flamsterette_x: Never mind. It posted.
aryk29: Not sure yet if they have it set to "tortoise" or "snail."
aryk29: ic
flamsterette_x: Now you can look.
aryk29: Ah, it's somewhere in between. I'd say about "molasses in January". :p
flamsterette_x: That took way too long (or at least longer than I expected), but it's done. :D
aryk29: MPSIMS?
flamsterette_x: You know it.
aryk29: Gosh, I didn't know you were going to revive a month-old thread to do your own flaming text trick! :p It looks nice though. :D (thumbsup)
flamsterette_x: What did you think I was going to do? Thanks!
aryk29: Fair enough. :D Do know though, that if the thread does what it was doing last I took notice, it's going to fill both our inboxes with boatloads of topic replies for one liners and off-the-wall comments.
flamsterette_x: Haha, that's all right. I don't much care, especially since I was validated into the boards within 5 or 10 minutes of sending an email to Jenny. :D
aryk29: Oh yeah, that. I noticed you were posting again, so I figured you were all set. :) 5-10 minutes? Wow!
flamsterette_x: Yeah! I sent the email, and didn't think too much more about it. Figured she'd get to it in time.. subject line was "Flamsterette_X from Straight Dope boards.. need email validation help, please!" which I guessed couldn't hurt. ;)
aryk29: :D Must have mail filters set up to recognize the term Straight Dope. They're telling everyone to put SDMB in the subject line so that's what I always do.
flamsterette_x: Maybe... but I'm glad to get validated into the system, although I'd wonder if it took 5 days.
aryk29: Yup. Dad was just reading a Yahoo group post to us, this is funny...
aryk29: Someone said something about needing to make a 10-foot circle for a "magic" ceremony and not knowing how to go about it. Someone else posted a response to the effect of, take a rod and put it where the middle is going to be; attach 5 feet of wire, and trace the outline with a Magic Marker. :D
flamsterette_x: Haha, that might work.
aryk29: There's another jokes thread going on in MPSIMS; think I might post the wrong way American joke there. :D
flamsterette_x: Wrong Way American?
aryk29: Remember? ;)
aryk29: (I posted it at Our Place earlier today)
flamsterette_x: Um, I might have posted in that thread.
aryk29: uh-oh
aryk29: Nope.
flamsterette_x: I don't even remember what I was doing, haha.
aryk29: SDMB thread
flamsterette_x: I thought you meant on Our Place, haha.
aryk29: Oh yeah, okay... you just posted an rotf3. :D
flamsterette_x: Well, it WAS funny!
aryk29: ty :D
flamsterette_x: Oh good, my friend emailed me back.
aryk29: Good. :)
flamsterette_x: Yeah, I'd emailed her earlier explaining why I wasn't there this morning and last week. I was going to tell her today, but Eric apparently forgot to pick me up this morning. *sigh*
aryk29: ic
aryk29: You know I was just reading the Sunday comics and I almost tried to post an rotf3 in response to one of them?
flamsterette_x: Reality lag, my dear.
aryk29: Reality lag - that's a good one. It's when you get meatspace and cyberspace mixed up, right? :D
flamsterette_x: Not necessarily.
aryk29: Hmm.
aryk29: Mom's bugging me to go comb the classifieds again. *rolleyes* Catch ya later! :)
flamsterette_x: Hah, okay then. Reality Lag
flamsterette_x: Later! :)
Session Close (aryk29): Sun Jan 23 16:13:02 2005


Session Start (Yahoo! - flamsterette_x:aryk29): Wed Jan 26 18:38:22 2005
flamsterette_x: Blorkle. :P
Session Close (aryk29): Wed Jan 26 18:38:48 2005


Session Start (Yahoo! - flamsterette_x:aryk29): Wed Jan 26 18:39:18 2005
aryk29: thanks, I needed cheering up.
aryk29: (something someone posted that came up in a vanity search, and I can't believe they had the nerve)
flamsterette_x: There you go. Exactly the thing I was talking about in my last PM to you.
flamsterette_x: But what happened?
Session Close (aryk29): Wed Jan 26 18:49:32 2005


Session Start (Yahoo! - flamsterette_x:aryk29): Sat Jan 29 18:49:30 2005
aryk29: Fnord! :p
*** You have been disconnected. Sat Jan 29 19:02:30 2005.
*** "aryk29" signed on at Sat Jan 29 19:07:09 2005.
aryk29: I wanted to get your opinion on something.
flamsterette_x: Yeah, I bet.
aryk29: I've got an idea for my sig at Our Place instead of the "ouk anér..." thing.
flamsterette_x: All right....
aryk29: Would it be too obvious, do you think, if I put "Femina sum in corpore masculino" instead?
flamsterette_x: Similar stuff, but in Latin. Depends how obvious you want to be.
aryk29: hmm, okay... I'll give it some thought then. I guess with Latin, a lot more people are likely to recognize it, and it's almost guaranteed somebody there will understand it.
aryk29: :)
flamsterette_x: Do you want them to understand it?
aryk29: Sure, why not. :D
flamsterette_x: That opens the potential up for a lot of questions.
aryk29: As in, people recognizing the gist of most of the words and asking me for an exact translation?
flamsterette_x: That, and then asking why..
aryk29: ah
aryk29: Okay, I'll think about it for a while then before actually doing anything. :)
flamsterette_x: Yeah, you have to be careful with that.
aryk29: Very true!
aryk29: In other news, I have a new email address, and we should corroborate our SDMB b-day lists.
aryk29: Tell ya what... I'll kill 2 birds with one stone - I'll send my latest edition of the list from my new address! :D :p
flamsterette_x: Fine. :P
aryk29: Sent. :D
aryk29: You remember when I was putting together that photo mosaic, and I was saying it had a tendency to curl up? Well I don't remember if I ever sent you the final, non-curled-up result.
flamsterette_x: Hmm. Let's see.
flamsterette_x: Interesting.
aryk29: :D
flamsterette_x: Trying to figure out new microwave oven.
aryk29: ah ic
aryk29: Reading Our Place. :D
flamsterette_x: Funny you should mention that.
aryk29: Yeah?
flamsterette_x: Yup. I was on there this morning, hoping to talk to you. But you were off by the time I got around to it. Oh well.
aryk29: My private message folder is almost full anyway. IM or email is better. Which reminds me, what happens if I click the link to archive all my messages?
flamsterette_x: Delete your PMs.
aryk29: Oh okay, I'll hold off on that then. :O
flamsterette_x: I was telling you to delete your PMs, I don't think archiving your messages will do that! :P
aryk29: Don't you know by now I'm obsessive about never deleting a message? :p
flamsterette_x: I never knew.
aryk29: Oh. Okay, well, I'll try it anyway then. :D
aryk29: AAAAAAAAGH! Tell me I didn't just do that!
flamsterette_x: Do what?
aryk29: I am such an idiot... I told it to delete the messages but I forgot to specify HTML instead of Excel importable.
aryk29: So I just renamed it from .txt to .html and all's well in the world.
flamsterette_x: Uh.... sure... whatever you say.
aryk29: Try it (but tell it not to delete) and you'll see what I mean. ;)
flamsterette_x: I don't think so.
aryk29: As long as you tell it not to delete, nothing bad will happen.
flamsterette_x: You actually have some things I don't.
aryk29: Huh!?
aryk29: Oh yeah, I remember - the SD b-day list - I have some usernames listed that you probably don't. :D
flamsterette_x: In January, at least... it's probably because you were able to keep up with the B-Day thread through email whereas I could not.
aryk29: Check out March 23.
flamsterette_x: Later.
aryk29: (you won't believe how I found that out)
flamsterette_x: Jan. 21 --> Roland Orzabal (1984)
aryk29: done...
flamsterette_x: Jan. 23 ---> Stranger On A Train (1972)
flamsterette_x: Jan. 25 ---> FaerieBeth
aryk29: got 'em...
aryk29: (that's about how old I pictured them too)
flamsterette_x: So what is eknent.com ?
aryk29: my website :D
aryk29: Got any for February?
flamsterette_x: I'm going through it day by day, month by month. Have patience, little grasshopper.
aryk29:
aryk29: Lemme know when you get to April 6th
flamsterette_x: Oh, by the way: speaking of February...
aryk29: yes?
flamsterette_x: Who does it?
aryk29: I can, unless my connection goes out. Maybe I'll post around 10 or 11 PM and you could check it at midnight to make sure I was able to do so?
aryk29: (Besides, I'm the one with the app that writes the post automatically)
flamsterette_x: Haha. Sure.
aryk29: Ya know, maybe we should both do the threads. I could send an email or IM with the link so you could sneak in the first reply. :D
flamsterette_x: March 8 ---> Philster (1967)
flamsterette_x: Haha. Good one.
aryk29: :D
flamsterette_x: April 2 ---> CanvasShoes
aryk29: Now, tell me what's wrong with April 6. ;)
flamsterette_x: No.
flamsterette_x: Mayflower changed his / her name to Chanteuse?
aryk29: I don't have either Mayflower or Chanteuse listed there, but JuanitaTech is now UrbanChic.
flamsterette_x: Yes, you do. Look at May 23.
flamsterette_x: (I'll tell you about that other date later)
aryk29: I said I didn't have them listed under April 6th, silly! :p
flamsterette_x: Argh. You are getting more frustrating.
aryk29: And yes, Mayflower is now Chanteuse.
flamsterette_x: And why do you have Cunctator listed twice on successive days? :P
aryk29: cuz I'm an idiot. :p
flamsterette_x: So what did you say was wrong with April 6?
aryk29: And now I have to wait 60 seconds to find out for sure
aryk29: JuanitaTech is now UrbanChic.
flamsterette_x: You've told me that before. That does not help.
aryk29: Why?
flamsterette_x: Oh wait. Never mind.
flamsterette_x: Because.
aryk29: Cunctator is May 25
flamsterette_x: May 28 ---> Crusoe (1975)
flamsterette_x: Okay, now what's so weird about March 23?
aryk29: The way I found out about it. :D
flamsterette_x: Wait a minute. Which is actually Philster's birthday?
aryk29: hang on... I'll look that up, too
flamsterette_x: March 8, or June 8?
aryk29: June 8
flamsterette_x: All right, never mind the March then.
flamsterette_x: You put some June 27 birthdays in June 26.
aryk29: figures... okay which ones?
flamsterette_x: manwithaplan (1971), Sn-man (1962)
aryk29: I remember putting them in, so lemme check first...
aryk29: manwithaplan doesn't list a bday in his profile...
flamsterette_x: That's what he said a couple of years ago in a birthday thread. :p
aryk29: 3:02 AM Pacific on the 26th... even in Ireland, I can't see how that would be the 27th? I'm confused. Okay, on to Sn-man...
aryk29: Sn-man is on the 26th. Cite
flamsterette_x: July 13 ---> Wiggles (1988)
flamsterette_x: Oh, I don't know. Too many timezones. :P
aryk29: Haha, okay then... (not sure I've ever even seen Wiggles post!)
flamsterette_x: Dutchboy changed his name?
aryk29: Yup
aryk29: Quite a while ago, too
aryk29: (reminds me of a blonde joke... in fact, I may even have posted it!)
flamsterette_x: Aug. 27 --> Quasimodal
aryk29: Oooh, same as misstee :D
flamsterette_x: ?
aryk29: Hmm, well, I suppose since it's publicly available information anyway, misstee and I been tradin' "how you doin'"s on another message board.
flamsterette_x: Ah, THAT message board. So is this a good thing?
aryk29: It's fine by me. ;)
flamsterette_x: Does she know about... ???
aryk29: Yup. :D
flamsterette_x: All right then.
flamsterette_x: Jomo Mojo changed his name to a Bob Dylan song! Cool, even though it's not exactly gender-appropriate. ;)
flamsterette_x: (make that part of a Bob Dylan song)
aryk29: Uh, I think you should read something...
flamsterette_x: What?
aryk29: You saw the LGBT thread?
flamsterette_x: Which one, there's a zillion of 'em.
aryk29: hang on, I'll dig up a link...
flamsterette_x: Oh, and while you're at it. Look up DancerFlight's name and birthday, please.
aryk29: Johanna is a she too ;) ok, I'm on it....
flamsterette_x: Sept. 27 ---> Badge (1963)
flamsterette_x: Ah, well... as long as I get the name right, it's all that counts.
aryk29: :D
flamsterette_x: Ah, I must have read that sometime.
flamsterette_x: Thanks, though. :D
aryk29: Sure. :) And Dancer_Flight (spacing and underscores count) is 9/22/78
flamsterette_x: Sept. 28 ---> TellMeI'mNotCrazy (1975)
flamsterette_x: Sept. 29 ---> gooti (1973)
flamsterette_x: Oh, and please look up fishbicycle... (either '56 or '58)
aryk29: '58... I'm sure of it, but I'll check anyway...
flamsterette_x: k
flamsterette_x: Oh, and check out Starving Artist while you're at it?
aryk29: Yeah, fishbicycle is 1958... ok, hang on...
flamsterette_x: Oct. 14 ---> Martha (1963)
aryk29: March 2 --> qwest (1968)
aryk29: we have another thread to go through!
flamsterette_x: We do?
aryk29: Yeah, we do. It's where I found qwest
flamsterette_x: One thing at a time.
aryk29: Yeah, I know :) :p
flamsterette_x: Now, about Starving Artist?
aryk29: I'm on that now...
flamsterette_x: Nov. 3 ---> BobLilDern (1956)
flamsterette_x: Nov. 12 --> wenonahbone (1956)
flamsterette_x: bouv --> 1982
flamsterette_x: Check Martha while you're at it...
aryk29: gonna take a while... I'm still on Starving Artist ;)
flamsterette_x: Check Flutterby, too..
flamsterette_x: Are the boards that slow?
aryk29: Okay, it shouldn't take too long to get at Flutterby...
aryk29: or not AAAAAAAAAGH!
flamsterette_x: What?!
aryk29: October 5 --> Starving Artist (1948)
aryk29: Okay, now Martha...
flamsterette_x: Ha, I knew it. Take out the other reference you have for him, then.
aryk29: where?
flamsterette_x: Sept. 5
aryk29: Did that as soon as I found out the right date! :D
flamsterette_x: Sounds good then!
aryk29: I have no way to check Martha. If we have the wrong date, she'll tell us in October.
flamsterette_x: Oh, and take out VANILLA.
aryk29: Oops.
flamsterette_x: It's all right. I didn't know she'd been banned till a few days ago myself when I was reading a linked thread somewhere.
flamsterette_x: Dec. 1 --> Sampiro (1966)
aryk29: Flutterby 11/18/82
aryk29: Yeah, well... I did know... I saw the final straw while it was going on
flamsterette_x: MinniePurl = 1970
flamsterette_x: Dec. 11 = Rhubarb (1958)
flamsterette_x: Krys92gp (1984)
flamsterette_x: Dec. 24 = Chotii (1966)
flamsterette_x: Dec. 26 = MizQuirk
aryk29: SNL in one hour
flamsterette_x: All right then, now off to check that other thread.
aryk29: me too
flamsterette_x: Oh, this thread is OLD.
aryk29: yeah
flamsterette_x: But just in case.....
aryk29: ?
aryk29: found one new one and one spelling correction so far...
flamsterette_x: Spelling correction?
aryk29: Adoptamom_II
flamsterette_x: Date?
aryk29: I don't know. But, Bruce_Daddy is 1975, not 1978
flamsterette_x: Found a bunch of new ones.
aryk29: yeah!
aryk29: I coulda sworn RainGrowsBrite was in there already!
flamsterette_x: I could have sworn I went through this whole thread already a few months ago, but I guess not!
aryk29: I know the feeling...
aryk29: Heh I just recognized spittingkitten by the events of that day! 9-16-77 was Callas and Bolan
aryk29: too bad she (?) hasn't posted in ages...
flamsterette_x: Um. Hang on.
flamsterette_x: Take note of the years, if you wish.
aryk29: Yeah I am, all of them.
flamsterette_x: Oh, and if it's anything to you, I'm including the guests / members. Not that anyone can take those names now, haha.
aryk29: I check the Members to see if they've been active recently, and am skimming over the guests. ;)
aryk29: BTW, who or what is BobLilDern? Is he related to BobLibDem? ;)
flamsterette_x: What?
aryk29: November 3... is there a BobLilDern or is this a typo?
flamsterette_x: Check to see what the name is, then.
aryk29: Member Profile
aryk29: AND I am checking profiles of those who don't give either their b-day or a link... but I am NOT doing web searches for the people / events they refer to.
flamsterette_x: You're the less lazy one of the two of us. ;)
aryk29: :D
aryk29: Maybe so, but I am tiiiiiiiiiiiiiired!!!!!
flamsterette_x: Sorry. You were the one who started this, as I recall. ;)
aryk29: Yeah, because it needed to be done. ;) Hey, nothing to be sorry for! :)
flamsterette_x: Heh, all right then. ;)
aryk29: OMG, I can remember before emekthian was born! :O
aryk29: The world's most deadliest... is '76, not '75
flamsterette_x: You can?
aryk29: 8/12/89 - I can clearly remember being 4, which would have been early 1986, judging by the place we lived at the time.
aryk29: (not to mention places we lived in '87 and '88)
aryk29: Okay, I've finished.
flamsterette_x: Okay, then.
aryk29: You know I measured the space from floor to ceiling where I sit at the computer?
flamsterette_x: Yeah?
aryk29: Guess how much space it is.
flamsterette_x: Hang on. Give me spittingkitten's date, please.
aryk29: 9/16/77
flamsterette_x: Ah, thanks.
aryk29: :)
flamsterette_x: Hmm.. let's see. 20 feet.
aryk29: less
flamsterette_x: 10
aryk29: less
flamsterette_x: Just how small is your RV?!
flamsterette_x: 6
aryk29: it's about 24' long, and the bed area where I'm set up has 2' 10" at its highest point. Unless directly under the ceiling vent, I cannot even stand up straight in here.
aryk29: SNL in 5 minutes. g2g bcnu :)
flamsterette_x: k
Session Close (aryk29): Sat Jan 29 23:25:57 2005

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home