Saturday, October 30, 2004

I wonder how many decibels a fire alarm is... / Homestar Halloween 2004

The fire alarm went off a while ago in the apartment building.. luckily, I'd finished taking a shower already and was on the phone to my mom hashing out plans for tomorrow. In case you wonder why I'm blogging when the fire alarm's been going for a good 15 minutes, it's a false alarm made when someone left the building a while ago. (it's supposed to be turned off soon!)

I changed into clothes suitable for going out, and left the building. Standing around with the others in the freezing cold reminded me of the time when a bunch of us were locked out of the music portable at high school during a music concert.. we were all grouped together like idiots, and freezing to boot. (good thing that Ken, Jesse, and Kevin were there!) We wondered whether it was a false alarm, but you can never tell... especially so close to Halloween!

I wonder just how loud a fire alarm is.. it might not rival the ear-shattering decibel levels at a Metallica concert right next to the speakers, but it's pretty damn loud when it's ringing in your ears as you leave the building! Heck, you can hear the thing outside the building too... not so good for your ears, especially if you're a baby or a kid. (I saw at least three kids and two babies outside with their parents!) I also found it ironic / funny that at least two people lit up cigarettes outside, especially considering that lit cigarettes can be a cause of fires: that was the case in summer 2003 around the province.

Phew.... it's been turned off. Now I can go on with my lo-fi Saturday night, and talking to Eric M. about stuff like how he thinks I burned down the apartment building again. :P (and the Homestar Runner Halloween 2004 special)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home