Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Email / NOT impressed with the transit "service" around here!

This afternoon, I receive an email from Helen indicating that Linda will be coming tomorrow night. That makes eight people here including myself.. that wouldn't be a problem, except I only have seven soup bowls and possibly not enough soup to serve them all. So I look through the box of assorted houseware in my room that I got when I moved in (don't ask), only to find no other soup bowls. (it also takes me another hour to find my bus pass, which is in one of my bags instead of in a jacket pocket!)


Then I resolve to take the bus somewhere and buy a couple of soup bowls, and soup to go with them.. that's what any reasonable person would do, right? I get to the nearest bus stop and WAIT for ages, only to have no bus come up! Yes, I *know* this is a bus stop.. I've taken buses from there hundreds of times in the past! No, they haven't temporarily changed the stop location either. After about 15 minutes of waiting, I decide to go home and see when the next bus is. When I get there, I find out by my own reckoning that there's only about ten minutes till the next bus. So I go out again, with similar results. But I can't wait forever in the freezing cold, since I'm also hungry and quite frankly unimpressed at this point with TransLink.

WHY ARE THE BUSES AROUND HERE SO UNRELIABLE? I know that I've missed them in the past, and that was probably the case now.. especially given that I've heard a bus pass this window twice, with at least one of them being the bus that goes the opposite direction of where I want to go. Maybe next time I'm out, I'll pick up an updated schedule... TransLink's website isn't really of any help to me. (or maybe it's too confusing)


Tomorrow, I'm definitely going out to buy this stuff one way or the other! Perhaps it'll be back to the "service" we all know and love around here during the day.. I certainly hope so, or someone's going to get a knife stabbed right in their eye. *rages*

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home