Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Grace Tang and her "special" boyfriend

Just went out for some steak at Boston Pizza.. yes, it's the same as Boston's for you American people. :P It was a good experience as usual.. just chilling at the restaurant, eating something as a treat to myself, listening to the music, and reading the events in the newspaper. :D

While waiting for the bus afterwards, I saw my old high school friend Grace Tang. She was one of the "special kids," but I never held that against her or any of the other ones. (I was viewed as kinda close to that myself, actually.. don't know if I was or am actually that, though) At high school, I think we got along okay.. it wasn't like she was one of those other people always out to get me or anything like that! We've seen each other occasionally over the years since, most often at bus stops, and always said hi.

I said hi to her at the bus stop, and noticed that she was with another "special" dude. Asked her what she was doing these days, and she said "Nothing." Her boyfriend said something about "no, not doing anything" to me, and I left it at that. (uh, you two were engaging in PDA at the bus stop... :P) For some reason, that encounter made me feel really old. (as well as wishing certain things would happen, but they won't.. so never mind that! :P) It got me to thinking: Yikes! I graduated ten years ago, and should be doing something more with this life.. but can't think of anything right now to be doing, as bad as that sounds. :P Maybe in the future...

I don't remember feeling particularly old at Daniel and Michelle's wedding a few weeks ago, nor do I think I will at Vernon and Sarah's next week. (Michelle and Sarah are both younger than me, but Vernon and Daniel are both a year older than I am) But if I go to Kenneth and Daisy's in late September, then yes.. I think I'll feel like an oldster. Kenneth is four years younger than me, and Daisy is a year younger than that. I've known them forever from church, and it seems quirky to have both the bride and groom younger than you at a wedding.. but I'm still happy for them! Of course, this is only the start of that kind of thing... although I don't think anyone else in my brother's age group at church will get married anytime soon. (then again, you never know...)

Now I'm listening to Duran Duran's Greatest Hits on CD.. it's not like I can get really nostalgic for that era, right? Still, though.. it fits my present mood. I remember having my friend Jennifer Fung's sisters Maggie and Angie drive us home from Chinese School, with the 80's music (including Duran Duran) blasting out of the car radio. Man, those were the days... I wonder whatever happened to those people, actually! (time to do a Google search, perhaps?) So yes, I'm feeling nostalgic and old.. definitely a quirky combo, if I do say so myself. :D

Maybe I need to hang around some little kids to feel younger, even if I *am* kinda young at heart anyhow! This weekend, maybe... Ian, Janis, Alina, and others! :)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home