Friday, March 19, 2004

Two parties at once.. oh my! (Friday Five)

Can I make it to two parties at the same time tomorrow? My brain says I can't logically perform this feat, even though my brother seems to do it all the time.

First, there's the party for a Texas-bound Net friend of mine.. I've said that I'd be at the Mongolie Grill near Broadway / Cambie at 6 tomorrow. He's going away forever to be with his Net girlfriend, and I knew of this party three weeks ago. I've met him before, so it's not like I won't know anyone going to this party. (I'll have met at least two or three of the people there)

Then there's the surprise birthday party for my friend Adela, which Sean told us about last Friday at the New York Steak House. Nathan is in the same boat as I am: he's also going to another party that night involving a friend who's going away forever. (only this person's going to Calgary)

Guess I'll have to talk to Sean tonight without Adela being around, so I can get the details on that party. If it's at Romano's, I don't think I'll be going.. it proved too expensive last month. But we shall see what happens.. I'd like to go to (part of?) both. Suppose I can think about it while spending some pre-surgery time with Yazmine at Richmond Centre this afternoon.. plenty of time before Eunice picks me up at 6:45. :D


Friday Five: Restaurants, bookstores, and ownership

If you...

1. ...owned a restaurant, what kind of food would you serve?

Let's first imagine that I have some cooking skills. I'd have to say a fusion of Chinese and Western food, but done better than at most Asian places! Hot and sour soup, borscht, spaghetti, pasta, wonton soup, Shanghai noodles, and all the rest.

Gee, this is making me hungry.. good thing I'm going out for lunch soon!


2. ...owned a small store, what kind of merchandise would you sell?

Probably books or dollar store stuff. (you can tell what sorts of stores I frequent, hahaha)


3. ...wrote a book, what genre would it be?

Too many genres of books out there... if I had any writing skills, I'd write a historical romance book. (kinda like the Outlander series, but not :P)


4. ...ran a school, what would you teach?

I'd teach the kids / students everything I could about the world.. manners, other civilizations, culture, weird things, history, science, math, social graces, etc. (yes, I'd need a LOT of qualified help on this!)


5. ...recorded an album, what kind of music would be on it?

Given my musical taste, most likely alternative rock music.. maybe some punk / reggae mixed in for flavor. But no sappy stuff at all.. no way!


There.. now you're all caught up! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home