Thursday, September 18, 2003

Birthday party 2003 at the Cactus Club and Dragon Ball

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEREMY.. I hope you have a fun one today! :) It's been neat watching you grow up.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAVE.. I hope you have a great one today :) It's been cool getting to know you, Chironex. (for those of you wondering, I believe he said it was some kind of jellyfish)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOBBI-ANNE.. I hope you have a good one today! :) It was great knowing you at school.

My birthday was pretty cool. Went out to meet Yazmine at the mall this afternoon; she gave me a lot of stuff: a candle, a notebook, stickers, and two ballpoint pens. We hung out for a while until she had to go home to do stuff.

Later, I went to the Cactus Club with Jon, Eric H., Eric M., Nathan, Erin, Danielle, and Phil. None of the friends who were my age came out, but I definitely had fun with everyone else. Citrus tried to call Danielle 11 times, and tried calling Nathan 5 times.. they wondered what was with all the missed calls on their cellphones. Turns out that he wanted to wish me a happy birthday while he was on his break from work.. unfortunately, it was over when we finally got back to him. Danielle passed on the message, though.

We had a good time laughing at Erin during dinner; Jon always says that we'll have at least 2 hours' worth of "wedding banquet roast material" on her. She said to Eric, "Happy birthday for the fifth!" (meaning September 5) Also discussed an engagement story, more weddings coming up (Vernon and Sarah / Daniel and Michelle), when you know it's time to get married, some Christians meeting online at Asian Avenue ("if you meet, you'll get to find out if it's a boy or girl"), and all of that kind of thing.

Eric H. gave me a card; Phil (and Melia) got me a cactus and some Swedish candy; Danielle (and Citrus) got me writing paper and envelopes with pressed leaves on them; Nathan got me two goofy books (The Young Oxford Book of Timewarp Stories and The Action Heroine's Handbook); and Erin got me a "Happy Birthday" balloon. Everyone paid for my dinner, and I got money out of Nathan's man-purse (which had SO much change!) to pay for the green apple bubble tea I had later on at Dragon Ball. He said I didn't have to pay him back, since I was the birthday girl.. he even did Gollum impersonations to amuse me. :) (he was going to do Smeagol at Danielle's request, but he wanted to save his voice.. he had a cold, poor guy)

I should add that Phil described his gift to me as "big, hairy, and alive." With that description, of course I thought it was some sort of insect. So I told him half-jokingly: "If it's a spider or a gross something, I'll kill you." Thank goodness it turned out not to be the case, because I really wouldn't want to terminate my good friend's life!

Got home at about 11-ish, and got a very surprising offline message on Yahoo from someone who I haven't talked to in a LONG time. Arthur wished me a happy birthday, wondered if I still remembered him, said he missed our pleasant chats, and hoped I was well. (I did attempt to talk to him when I first got Yahoo Messenger (we met on ICQ), but gave up after a few months when he wouldn't respond to my messages or emails.. he was a nice, gentle guy though!)

I also talked to Spoz for a little while.. he called me a robot, a spelling Nazi (he should have seen my dodgy spelling last night when I was heavily influenced by vodka ;) ), and an old bastard (jokingly, of course). I'm not a robot just because my guesswork is pretty much accurate when figuring out the length of time between our respective birthdays! ;)


Birthdays make you feel older. says:
I've just had a Bellini and some bubble tea.. and I had some 40% vodka yesterday.. is that good, or just this side of dangerous?
Spoz (weapons grade insanity) says:
hahahahaha.. tellin' by how well you spelt that message you sent.. (and knowing how much of a nazi you are about spelling..) I dunno if it's a good thing :P
Spoz (weapons grade insanity) says:
but hey.. somethin' to be encouraged :P
Birthdays make you feel older. says:
you should have seen how dodgy my spelling was yesterday :P
Spoz (weapons grade insanity) says:
(Y)
Birthdays make you feel older. says:
I think I blurred the edge of my newfound jaded cynicism tolerably..
Birthdays make you feel older. says:
considering that today's still my birthday.. but now I'm getting old..
Spoz (weapons grade insanity) says:
YOU OLD BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTARD!
Spoz (weapons grade insanity) says:
wot.. how old we talkin' here?
Birthdays make you feel older. says:
27
Spoz (weapons grade insanity) says:
eh.. that's nuthin'. ;)
Birthdays make you feel older. says:
you're only 27 yourself.. but thanks anyhow ;)
Spoz (weapons grade insanity) says:
(Y)
Spoz (weapons grade insanity) says:
yeah.. I like that.. "ONLY" 27 ;)
Birthdays make you feel older. says:
well, that "27 is nothing" declaration may have had more effect if you were, say, 15 years older than I was... as it is, you're only 5 months and 2 weeks older
Birthdays make you feel older. says:
but I can enjoy ironic effect too ;)
Spoz (weapons grade insanity) says:
wuh.. you counted the weeks n months?
Birthdays make you feel older. says:
no, I approximated 'em :P
Spoz (weapons grade insanity) says:
the scary thing.. is you're about dead on accurate..
Birthdays make you feel older. says:
well, it's still the 17th here for about 9 minutes.. and I may have missed a day or so.. but yeah, not bad for guesswork :P
Spoz (weapons grade insanity) says:
yes.. it's true.. you ARE a robot..
Birthdays make you feel older. says:
hahaha.. no, just detailed :P
Birthdays make you feel older. says:
by the way, read blog.. there's some alcohol-fueled insanity in there :P
Spoz (weapons grade insanity) says:
okaaaaaaaaay
Birthdays make you feel older. says:
well, it was kind of funny at the time..


I'll get to any more LJ comments and / or birthday wishes later, when I've updated all the other places that need it. ;) But I *will* get to them, rest assured of that.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home