Thursday, June 19, 2003

Reading about royalty

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JONAS.. I hope you have a great one today! :) It was good knowing you at school.. very interesting.

You may not know this, but I like to read about royalty at times.. it's interesting to know about what court life was like, and the myriad anecdotes surrounding the royals. (among other things) To that end, I borrowed The Royal Book of Lists: An Irreverent Romp Through Royal History from Alfred the Great to Prince William from the library on Friday. Very interesting book.. I'm about halfway through it now, and learned all sorts of things I didn't know before. Reminded me of various other things I had previously read, also. Suffice to say there's a lot of varied material in that book.. maybe I should hang around the "royalty" section of Chapters or another bookstore one of these days, and buy a book or two. (or even Yann Martel's Life of Pi, which my friend Phil says is very good) Something to think about, at any rate.. friends are cool to have! :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home