Monday, June 16, 2003

Chianti's lunch with Nathan

yes, I know..
these quotes are slightly delayed..
given the last few days, they had to be..
(I was busier than normal with friends..)

you get more bang for your buck this time round..
additional quotes from "bonding times"..
what more could you want, really? ;)

HILARIOUS QUOTES OF THE WEEK (5)

"I hope you're not serving that." -- Jon to me on MSN, about my party. (Monday, June 9) ["that" being Tutti-O Frutti-O Booty-O.. of *course* I wouldn't serve it, especially as it's really a joint imaginative collaboration of Jon and Eric's]

"Thanks for the updates.. they helped me to remember when the service auction was, even though I was helping in it!" -- Tim in an email to me about the Fellowship announcements I send out every week, emailing myself in the process. (Tuesday, June 10) [shouldn't you remember anyhow? ;) ]

"good party trick!" -- Chironex, about my memory for birthdays. (Thursday, June 12) [like I *really* go up to my friends at parties and recite the birthdays of everybody in the room :P]

"You have to wash your hands first!" -- Erin to Jon, before he played her brand new guitar. (Sunday, June 15) [Jon says that she'll lose that sense of ownership *very* soon]

"It shows how good friends we are when we can read the papers at lunch, and none of us minds!" -- Nathan to the three of us at Chianti's. (Monday, June 16) [that's funny, but oh so true..]

Had fun at lunch.. we discussed a bunch of topics:

that crazy Lethbridge (Alberta) alderwoman who disappeared in Montana for a few days (Dar Hetherington, who now denies writing stalker letters to herself)
the Gillian Staples case (this girl who disappeared in the States while ostensibly getting help for her problems)
crazy people in the world, in general
Daniel's move (Nathan might see more of his brother once he moves out.. he doesn't see him much now, but it'll be strange to be home and not have him around)
Danielle's move (moving is a pain, and she's had to do it twice in as many months.. she'll be moving in with her brother at the soon-to-be family condo, and hopefully won't have to worry about it again anytime soon)
Garfield (we were reading the papers, and came across a neat one featuring the contemporary Garfield talking to the retro-Garfield of 1981 or so)
sports (specifically, David Beckham being used as a political pawn between Barcelona and Manchester United)
how various newspapers cover the news, and whether the coverage is fair and objective
my next party (Nathan asked when it was.. I don't know, maybe in five weeks or so?)
cream sauce vs. tomato sauce for pasta (Steph likes tomato, Nathan likes cream, and I'm not sure whether Jon or I ventured much of a preference)
Anton's pasta (this local Italian place.. apparently, they have these HUGE stacked portions of pasta.. so much so, even the guys are seemingly unable to finish it in one sitting)

yup, bonding time rules..
try it for yourselves, kiddies..
it'll enhance your relationships for sure!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home