Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Cards Received, 1992-1994

Cards Received, 1992-1994

Christmas 1992

Belinda: "Dear Leslie, Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! Love in Christ, Belinda."


Christmas 1993

Eric Bin: "Leslie, hi! I notice you're not enjoying study skills very much. Well, at least Christmas break is upon us. Merry Xmas."

Frances C.: "Dearest Leslie, Hi! How's it going? I hope that this Christmas will bring you many surprises, adventure, romance, peace, joy, happiness, and most of all, the real Christmas spirit. Thanks for your birthday card! It really cheered me up. Anyway, hope that the New Year will be successful and prosperous, and that you may grow wiser and more wonderful. May your inner beauty shine forth like a bright morning star for all the world to see! Thanks for being a neat friend! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! And may all desserts you eat be zero calories so we don't have to gain any pounds! (YES!) SFU is #1! :) Luv, Frances."

card from Serena

Elaine Litchfield: "Hello Leslie! Did you have a good school year so far? I'm glad you came to McNair. Best of luck over the holidays and next year. Love, Elaine."

Reisa: "Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and an even better 1994. Stay as sweet as you are!! Love always!! xx"

Carina: "Leslie, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Yours, Carina."

Leni: "Dear Leslie, I hope that you have a wonderful, happy Christmas! Try to spend some time thinking about the birth of our God, Jesus Christ. His life is what makes Christmas meaningful for me. Have a great holiday time! Leni."

Lisa Vanderstelt: "How are you? I'm fine. Not much to say. (but then, I'm not exactly the talkative type) However, I sincerely wish you all the joys of the Christmas season (Merry Christmas), and wish you all the best for 1994."


Graduation 1994

Mimosa: "Dear Leslie, Congratulations on making it through high school. I'm sure it was a lot of hard work! I hope you have a wonderful summer. May God bless you in all your future endeavors. Remember to dream and to make your dreams come true."

card from parents

Uncle Eric and Auntie Brenda: "We are very happy for you and wish you all the best in the future."

card from Serena's mom

Auntie Bessy: "Dear Leslie, Congratulations! Graduate! I'm sorry that I'm not able to attend your graduation banquet. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Amazing! I remember the first time I saw you when you were a preschooler. Now, you are a blossomed young lady. I also remember you enjoyed reading and writing. (You did these even in class time. Ha!) May you continue to blossom not only physically and emotionally, but you will have the desire to learn God's Word and spread out its fragrance to the others. (Notice the wrapping paper, card, and the clay arrangement are in the theme of FLOWERS. Your life will be colorful when you abide in God's guidance like the cover of your diary.) If God's will allows, I will attend your university graduation banquet. Have a nice summer!"


Birthday 1994

card from Megan ("Don't you hate people who do all these things?!")

Erin: "Yo yo yo, Leslie! Happy Birthday! You be a good girl this year, okay? Do this and make me proud. Canucks are going to have an awesome season!! Hope you like my present and make use of it! See ya!"

Wendy: "Thanks for all your help in the Joshua Fellowship, and good to see you in the choir."

Elaine M.: "Leslie, I wish you a totally awesome 18th birthday... CONGRATULATIONS! I also hope that school is okay for you and remember, I get to sign your annual whenever you get it!" (she drew a beet-shaped heart, a flower, and a great birthday cake!)

Leni: "Best wishes for your first year at Capilano College and for the future! I hope that you're having a thoroughly enjoyable birthday! Your friend, Leni."

card from Uncle Richard and Auntie Gloria


Christmas 1994

Anita: "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!" (the card has 2 Corinthians 9:15 on it)

Leni: "Dear Leslie, You're a special friend of mine. I hope that you have a merry Christmas! Please remember (this is a reminder to myself as well) that the reason for our holiday is to celebrate the time when the loving God became a man! :) Merry Christmas."

card from Joshua Fellowship signed by some then-kids (Daniel Barry, Priscilla, Christine, Matthew, Mike K., Sam, Citrus, Carrie Barry, Emily Choi, Clement, Fidela, Evelyn T., Vivian, Chrystal, Karen Lew, Melia, Jason M., and Cordia)


Total: 23

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home