Thursday, May 01, 2003

Greg's a quadruplet, and Jay's siblings were supposed to be quadruplets!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DORCAS.. I hope you have a really great one today! :) It'll be good seeing you again in September.. hope you're doing well in Hong Kong.

REFLECTIONS ON MULTIPLES
A few hours ago, I found out that someone I've been talking to on AIM since last September is.. a quadruplet! I didn't know this before now.. I just happened to come across one of his posts yesterday in which he said that he had three siblings exactly the same age as he was. (so of course, I thought the obvious: "he MUST be a quadruplet!") So I asked him, and he confirmed it: that's very interesting stuff, indeed! Not that I'm going to bug him on life as a quadruplet or anything like that, even if I am kind of interested in multiple births and such. If I really wanted to bother with it, I could go to Facts About Multiples and try to look it up on the lists there. (since I do know his first name and approximate age) However, I won't.. I'm not that interested. (that's surprising to some of you, I know.. )

Actually, that reminds me of something an Australian friend of mine told me once: his siblings were supposed to be quadruplets, but turned out to be triplets instead. (since his mum lost one) I still talk to him on occasion, and only just found out his first name a couple weeks ago. (despite talking to him since November 2001) Heck, we share a birthday (separated by a year.. I'm older).. that's cool enough. :)

I've never personally known any quadruplets or higher. There are two sets of quads in BC: the Duncan set, born in 1993 and BC's first surviving set (Alexandra, Lindsay, Rylie, Stephanie); and the DeGoutiere set, born in 1999 and from somewhere in the Lower Mainland. (Daniel, Nicholas, Benjamin, Adam) My sister's friend Ross was a younger brother to triplet girls (Jennifer, Janine, and Kimberly).. or so he / my sister said, anyhow. Heck, I've never known even a triplet.. but it would be interesting to know someone who was a triplet or higher. Before you ask.. no, not just because they're a multiple. Cheh. ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home