Wednesday, April 30, 2003

The gift of caring for people / encouragement

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YVONNE.. hope you have a good one today! :) Lillian tells me you're enjoying married life in Hong Kong.. it was pretty cool to be at your wedding a couple years ago. Sorta weird to know that we have all these white people (that we'll never meet again) as distant relatives, too. ;) Definitely remember when you were living with us for a while.. you're a good cousin.

Called Andrea earlier: she thinks I have the gift of caring for people / encouragement. Eh.. it's what I do. ;) I'm not sure I should be singled out for it, of course.. that would just smack of elevating myself undeservedly. ;) But it is nice to hear what your friends think of you.. even if all you do is smile, say hi, call them from time to time (or every week), and give them all birthday / Christmas cards. (and occasionally cards for other times, too) I also try to help them, at any rate.. or just be there. So does all that add up to a gift of some sort? Who knows.. but I do try to live up to my billing and reputation. (it's not like I face a LOT of pressure or anything as far as that's concerned) :P

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home