Saturday, April 05, 2003

Lauren's bridal shower and Bob's birthday dinner

The bridal shower for Lauren was very fun.. it was a surprise right up until this morning, which is a very good thing. Had lots of fun, met some new people, and talked a bunch with friends. She saw her sister's car parked out front (where it wasn't supposed to be, by the way), and figured something was going on.

Also finally got Matt Good's new solo album Avalanche.. I heard the world premiere of it a few weeks ago (as detailed here), and decided I'd better get it while it was still on sale at Future Shop. Definitely a treat to myself, that one. :)

The dinner was quite small.. only five of us showed up. But that was small enough to allow for a lot of talk and getting to know each other. (granted, Bob and Brianna obviously know each other quite well.. but that's beside the point) Definitely had fun eating at the Indian place, as I'd never been there before. It's near the Frog & Firkin, which is a pub I went to once after Fellowship.. reminded my brother a lot of the pubs he'd been to in Scotland, except obviously not as smoky! (the air was thick and blue with it, he told us) Had a great time talking with people, especially Cheri.. hadn't seen her and Bob since my birthday dinner. Very much a good couple of days.

Oh.. and I'm not watching Primetime because I think I've seen the shows already. There's no Awana till Apr. 26, either. Best not to have it on for only one week before another one-week break, this one for Easter.. so that makes a total of five weeks off.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home