Sunday, March 30, 2003

Funny quotes and weird first introductions

Well, here they are.. the funniest quotes of the week:

HILARIOUS QUOTES OF THE WEEK (3)

"aren't decaplets.. twins born with no heads? no surprise you'd run riot with me mentioning twins [really octuplets and upwards] in a post, though.." -- Spoz, trying to figure out names for the highest of higher-order multiples.. and jokingly bugging me about multiples (Tuesday, March 25) [decaplets have nothing to do with decapitation, though I can understand why he might think that.. still, how can you be born with no head?]

"Just tell him: "Well, I'm surprised that an open-minded guy like you won't open your mind up to religious ideas.. are you afraid your mind will open up TOO much?" That'll work.." -- Karen to Dylan, jokingly suggesting a comeback to a guy who keeps telling him: "I'm surprised you're religious.. and you're such a logical guy, too!" (Friday, March 28)

"You must be up so early because you want to talk to Spoz.." -- Jon to me, trying to figure out why I'd be up at 6:30 AM after getting home at midnight. [in fact, I had a stomachache, and didn't sleep well even when I did go back to bed at 6:45.. Spoz had absolutely nothing to do with it :P] (Saturday, March 29)


Church was semi-interesting today. Little Nathan waved to me, and told me: "I'm Nathan, and I'm three!" Now.. I knew this already, but it's cool he's talking to me now. (in the past, he wouldn't really.. he'd try to hide) He's a cute kid, too. :)

Then again, my brother also chose to introduce me to somebody this way in the morning: "Hey, this is my sister [giving my name]. She chews a lot of gum, and remembers everyone's birthdays." Nathan and I were exchanging very bewildered looks.. What kind of intro is THAT?!? The birthday part, I can see after a more conventional introduction. (we've done that to a few people, most recently Danielle) But the gum part? While it may be true that I chew / give out a lot of gum, I'm not exactly sure that's material for a "first introduction".. Surely my own brother can come up with something more to the point than "she chews a lot of gum".. for example, "she really likes kids / reading" might do. My brother is one *weird* dude, I tell ya..

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home