Monday, March 10, 2003

Blog quasi-synchronicity about sappy adult contemporary music hate

Before I forget: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ERL! I've very much enjoyed getting to know you, and I hope you have a good one! :)


Note to self: since 96.9 FM is no longer devoted to sappy adult contemporary music (Celine Dion, Dan Hill, etc.), I can now listen to it without fear of a massive sugar overdose leading to diabetes. Jack FM is cooler than 97 KISS FM ever was.. :P I remember my sister's reaction at Christmastime: "What? They changed the station's format? Man.. guess that means I'll have to listen to 103.5 QMFM and 104.3 FM more often, then.." (both adult-contemporary stations) You can bet that I actively tried to avoid car rides where she was the driver after that! (ESPECIALLY since she would roll down the car window and scream at passers-by: "I love my sister!" [she'd do this at traffic lights, too..] not to mention the singing of Celine Dion VERY loudly... yikes, what an experience.. um, yay?) Heck, I much prefer my beloved brother being the driver.. his musical taste more closely approximates mine. :) (even if he DOES sing weird parody songs involving bizarre in-jokes we have..)

Edited 20 minutes later to add: I just discovered that in an odd bit of blog quasi-synchronicity, G has posted about how much he hates 102.3 FM in Adelaide, South Australia. (seemingly featuring the same sort of easy listening / sappy adult-contemporary format) True, his post was within the last day or so (can't really tell due to the time difference.. which I can't calculate worth beans anyways), but I guess it counts. ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home