Thursday, February 27, 2003

Text Twist and misreadings... sorry, Greg!

I generally try to stay away from more news on terrorism and the war against it, because I already have a LOT of that news coming through to me on a very regular basis. That said, I know I've had just a bit too much of the terrorism news seeping into my brain when I misread http://ww9.freearcade.com/Texttwist.jav/Texttwist.html as something about terrorists. (granted, the link was in really tiny blue letters on grey background in an AIM session.. sorry, Greg!) My brain may be hazy from staying up so late last night, but I don't think that has anything to do with it at all.

Text Twist is a very addicting game. My sister found it at least a year or so ago on the Net somewhere.. and instantly got to playing it. She knows that I have a fairly large vocabulary, and soon was getting me into the game. (we definitely had some very high scores when we worked together..) Quite fun, really.. but it's so annoying when you have a really high score (or even not), and you get a really hard six-letter combination that seems impossible to solve. Then when the game's over and you see what the magic six-letter word was, you smack yourself at your own stupidity. (note for non-players: you have to get the six-letter word to continue to the next round.. otherwise, it's just "find all words in the six-letter combination that appears on screen") For certain combinations of letters, there is more than one six-letter word to be found.. you only need to get one of them to continue, but it's fun and challenging finding the others. (we even played it once with Fidela, when I wanted to get on the Fathom forums!)

That reminds me, I should get back into the game on my brother's computer one of these weekends... it'll be cool nostalgia. ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home