Saturday, June 16, 2012

Distraction via BS and the Whip!

Eric was here at about 6:50 (giving me a LOOK because of my Vegas gold "rap bling necklace"), and he tried to inject realism as far as the whole personal thing went: at least he was right when he said something about my crying! Yes, I know that Texas and Vancouver would probably not really work out in some degree (especially with censored bullshit), but people DO do this sort of thing these days, whether or not they meet in person first or not! He also said that he'd been around my area once already today - that's bad since it means the hospital! Luckily, his dad is fine. After a while (talking about Randal's Fried Chicken Bash), we were listening to last year's live news reports of the Stanley Cup riots since it was the one-year anniversary... it was like a timewarp! Got to church, seeing Uncle Eugene and Chris Lam (who said hi) in the elevator. I told Eric that it made sense for him to bring his Bible since it was a church environment, and then he reminded me that it was Bible Study on Ecclesiastes 8. Whoops... luckily, I could share Kevin's Bible when I had to read part of the passage!

Talked to Eric, Kevin, Vivian, Randal, Raymond, Geoffrey, Jeremy, and Gino the rookie BS leader about working / personal things / Vegas - heat - Elvis - the wedding / managers / revenge / report cards / "eat, drink, and be merry - for tomorrow we die!" / Bible translations / authority / Christon being in London now / postcards / maps / untangling the mess of bling necklaces (silver! red! black! blue!) and putting them in Ziploc bags / playing cards / buffets / bosses / God / Skeena Terrace and Frog Hollow / gossip / announcements / next week's BBQ with Daniel Fellowship / soccer / some Sunshine Coast Carnival which I am NOT up for! While I was bored, I wrote a bunch of tag prompts, and had an idea that I could help Jon and Harmony with baby Ayler next Friday before the BBQ if I go since I have plans with Auntie Catherine at Copa Café in the area anyhow. Emailed Jon about it when I got home, so we'll see about that. I never get religious, but "let go and let God" might be what I need to do. Waved hi to Julie S., Ivan, Sam, and Amy as well.

Jeremy wanted to know who was up for going somewhere later, speaking of eating / drinking / being merry. After discussing various restaurants (including one called Nine Dish), we settled on the Whip. Eric said that he was going, so I guess I was tagging along! Discussed the wedding and Alan's reaction to last week's financial stewardship talk (plus Alan's behavior at the wedding - "those are your CHURCH friends, Steph?! is he gonna be face-down in a fountain?!") some more while people had not gone anywhere yet, while Kevin / Geoffrey / Raymond opted out. Apparently, they'd gone to the Honolulu Café last week, which had consumed Kevin's "eating out" budget - understandable! I said that I was still thankful for the cool rainy weather after Vegas - that wedding day was 40 degrees, man! On the way to the Whip, I told Eric that I likely needed the distraction - if not the wallet impact - and it would probably be good for me. I bet that's what he was thinking, too! Oh well, I guess I can't blame him!

It was pretty loud at the Whip because of the house music, so I had to yell at Jeremy / Eric / Randal / Quan / Gino in order to be heard most of the time. We discussed Vegas, "liking" sad FB statuses such as "___ has died!" (I told Jeremy that you can't remove the LIKES; bad when it comes to ex-friends!), parental morbidity, what might happen if BOTH died at the same time, Pad Thai at Boston Pizza, my noodle bowl, Randal's salad, Quan and Gino's root beer, funerals, death, old grandmas, 92 years of age, Jeremy's grandma making great rabbit stew, my mom eating cat, goat, exotic meat, the Vegas shows, Jeremy meeting Ayler once, and Mark / long-distance phone calls / Victoria. Also talked about a Kelowna wedding last week where the groom is 28 and the bride 18 (smart to introduce her AFTER she turned 18) / their Volkswagen Beetles which are also ten years apart (FUNNY), sharing an expensive $7.50 Imperial IPA (Jer's lucky I'm not sick THIS week!), strip clubs, logging into FB during the Fried Chicken Bash so Jeremy can see Vegas wedding pictures / dresses (he can wait), and gambling. Yes, there are slot machines at the Vegas airport - and smoke EVERYWHERE, which Quan and her mom wouldn't like at ALL!

Conversed about British pubs, O'Hare's, Pastor Bob liking the Whip when he went, their artwork, Jeremy going there often, knowing the wait staff, the beer on tap, Russia / Alaska / Hawaii / San Francisco ("four guys going there isn't as gay as it sounds!" "you know me - I don't judge, so whatever!") / travel / bereavement leave, taking time off work, the UBC Apple Festival, apple cider / apple varieties / NO RED DELICIOUS, money, and more. Pretty good times - Eric and I were mostly quiet on the way home (except when he bugged me about being "drunk" or with religious songs OR coughing - I told him to TAKE MEDICINE), which I think suited us both fine! Tomorrow, I'll have to call my parents back since I note they called when I was out - I'll probably call my rock, too!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home