Monday, September 05, 2011

Elk / bison / pork chipotle sausage, and more real life than you can handle!

Eric didn't tell me that he planned to stay out all day till after lunch... UGH! On the way to church, we discussed Christian rock, emo fluff, 99.3 the Fox, ZELDA / MARIO / DARKWING DUCK / the BBQ / Mr. Creep / Raymond / Randal / the Fellowship retreat / BALDERDASH / ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT / Dave Wong / real life. When we got to church, I gave the Hardbite BBQ chips and notebooks to Emily / Nina / Gerard - I also talked to them about the summer and Awana. Got to my usual seat to find Mark and Jeremy there, so we talked for a bit about links, smoking cigars (flammable material?!), and tonight's menu - no Cuban cigar ashes on the burgers, please! Said hi to Nathan W., and enabled his laziness during handshaking time, hahaha! Calla gave me a birthday card (with a chocolate cake on it) and "HOPE" religious bookmark from Cindy - totally unexpected! (I should thank her for it later...) After service, I gave Eric his birthday card (30!) while talking to Jon / Mike T. (sick on honeymoon?!) / Denise (who got my birthday email - working that night!) / Auntie Ying (might get together at Metrotown?) / Grace / Micah / Marcus / Chung / Karen I. / Karen Lew / Paul.

Got upstairs since I tired of the BS easily, and played with Alexis / Esther / David / Evelyn / Ada / Ashley / Anastasia (I learned her dad's name is Danny) / Ramen / Shira / Mattias. Talked to them about toys, drawings, families (the lesson for the day), crayons, their family, Lego, cars, and more. I'd convinced Mattias to go with us to storytime, and was trying to set a good example when Jessie noticed that "my friend" wanted to say something... hah, I was actually expecting Eric to be earlier than that! Apparently, we were going for a Pho lunch again - sigh, I forgot my wallet this morning since SOMEONE was rushing me out of the house! David and Mattias followed me as I was going to the door, and they said bye to me - so cute and sweet, haha! Christon, Mark, Jeremy, Jon, Harmony, and Paul joined us for Pho - we were split up into two tables! Noticed that Paul was a messy eater, and had too many questions about the cuisine - JUST EAT IT! We discussed last names, Connie, Amy, coffee, my birthday dinner cuisine (Greek - no location yet), the Fellowship retreat, Bellingham, Shanghai River, Shanghai Wind, SLB, Christon not getting any sleep last weekend, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, bean sprouts, and more.

When Eric and I got in the car after lunch, I didn't approve of us being out all day and going straight there - there would be really nothing to do at Jeremy's, and I did need to catch up on things even if Sunday tends to be a little slow! After we got in via the underground parking with lots of bikes, Mark did put on a British comedy named BLACK BOOKS, which was acceptable! As it was, I had to watch / listen to three hours of DAY 9 STARCRAFT videos; I definitely didn't understand those! (Jeremy later said he couldn't, either - and he's PLAYED a bit of the original STARCRAFT!) Discussed limes, recipes, Facebook (I finally DID catch up), the buzzer number (Raymond had to ask me since everyone else was busy with onions / burgers - HA!), hardcore bands (Paul was shocked when I said that I'd heard of Bad Brains - hahahaha!), figs, Youtube videos, a band called BORIS, cleaning up, spelling simple words like "resistance" and "Syracuse," plans for tomorrow, recording, Shally's bridal shower, and more.

We had elk sausage, bison sausage, pork chipotle sausage, pina coladas with rum, good beans and rice, plantains, and hilarious times at dinner tonight... all for less than $10! After dinner, we watched more ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT and then made fun of Michelle Bachmann / Sarah Palin! "Some cultures are more equal than others / the French culture is diminishing / Muslim Catholics" - HAHAHA! We also guided Paul through responding to the BBQ Evite on the computer; Raymond and I separately answered his questions as to how to find people on FB, and why certain people would just show up on his profile page. (FRIEND SUGGESTIONS!) I noticed his grammar wasn't up to par, but I should remember that he didn't get much education! I'm half-joking when I say he should watch out because I'm the one who has heard of Bad Brains, muhahaha! Eric and I drove Jon and Harmony home, then discussed the usual stuff - he thinks I should be forced to experience real life. I want things to happen on MY OWN TERMS, and I just won't go to various obligations to show him who's boss! To set up an excuse, I called Auntie Ying later than I said I would - now that I've finished blogging, I still need to input codes and then play games!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home