Wednesday, July 20, 2011

NEVER SET THE CAT ON FIRE! / David S. and chasing Mattias (dream) / Classical instruments

Before we went to bed last night, Teunis and I discussed monsters / NEVER SET THE CAT ON FIRE / the CHALLENGER tragedy / little girls / sad stories / inspirational music / radio music / fuzzy little animals / US and China space programs. We also talked about space technology / war / the hospital / this apartment / Remembrance Day / revolutions / Caesar / paying and honoring your soldiers / the anniversary of space flight / R.E.M.'s MAN ON THE MOON / Leslie Fish's HOPE EYRIE.

When I finally got to sleep, I had a dream that David S. (omni_sinrilus) was protecting me from gangster wannabes as we traveled around a huge concrete mall parking lot. The white punk boys couldn't do anything as David shielded me from any attacks they might start. Later, we went to a bunch of conference rooms and helped my friends chase little Mattias (wearing a pink-purple raincoat) around. There was an area where an uncle told me that we should be quiet: yes, there were white paper signs to this effect, but none of us paid any attention. Once we managed to catch up with Mattias, we told him that he should stay in the stroller, but he promptly ran off in the direction of the washrooms. Quan helped us corral him, then I saw my mom holding another baby, whom I somehow knew to be my nephew. Auntie Ping asked me in perfect English about the baby, and I blanked out on my own nephew's name. (she has fractured English in real life) Finally, we returned Mattias to his parents Chung Yan and Karen, who was holding baby Marcus. Just before I woke up, Edwin said that we were lucky Mattias had a brightly-colored raincoat on... indeed so!




You Should Play Classical Cello



You are orderly and systematic. You like to have everything in its place.

You are bored by routine. You need some whimsy in your life to stay happy.



You've figured out what works for you in life, and you just go with that.

You are well-grounded, but you also seek freedom. You need independence in order to grow and thrive.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home