Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Countdown is accelerated... yay for salvaging friendship!

When Teunis got home, I was getting bottled water from the fridge - he said hi, but I ignored it in favor of going to the bathroom. Immature? Oh, quite possibly! Then he went out later (I assume to talk to Tess), so I at least gained some time to make noodles with frozen veggies for dinner. I saw burgers, Chapman's black cherry frozen yogurt, and garlic / onion bagels (his poor co-workers since he won't use gum!) when I was doing that, but that's not my business. I did get a chance to talk to James, though - always good!

A while later when I went to see just what havoc he was wreaking in the kitchen, he said that he'd talked to Steph, who confirms (with her trauma training) that he should move out right away. He also said something about cutting me off for a bit and not trusting me to not blow up and act insane. Let's just say we talked about our own feelings of safety, Steph thinking that I have unfinished business with Korey which is my own stuff to deal with (sharing space?!), my emotions / crying, cooperation, communication, his not expecting to see the "unsafe" thing online, trauma, not taking things personally, gum, his giving me a laptop bag even though he hated what I did, his bike, and banishment. We also discussed reminding each other of the good things in our friendship (names / cooking / kids / joys / appreciation of cooking / quirkiness), NOT controlling me, saving our friendship (so he apparently won't cut me off), his thinking that I chewed gum / played video game music more when they were brought up, and other stuff.

I think that his moving out is a good thing since both of us will feel safer, and this allows our friendship to be saved. I think we both feel better - we shook hands and hugged later, too. After he ate a burger with mustard, we talked about lazy programming / cars / Linux / Mac / Windows / viruses / corrections / food storage / Jazmin / Robin / cleaning / frozen yogurt / durian gelato / awkwardness / dating advice / Asians / audio invading his dreams / my intent with that message. At least I'll get my space back soon, too. I had to steal Nathan's idea of FINAL COUNTDOWN, hahaha!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home