Saturday, June 25, 2011

"Why are there ads in your yearbook?!" "There's nothing wrong with 24 pages!"

Before I left for the Awana BBQ, Teunis and I discussed Andrew having to work at 5 AM / gum / timing / Kaili and scheduling / geeky Washington Ren Faires, spaceships / QUAKE / DOOM / his brother Alex moving up north to Fort St. John with his family / his stepdad Jim feeling better. When Benedict picked me up, we discussed leaders / the iffy weather / Billy W. / Danny / Grace / Martin / Brighouse Elementary construction / funny jobs as your old teacher's replacement / the stale job market (grad in forestry is flipping hot dogs at Costco?!) / hockey news / Philadelphia and Chicago staking it all on draft picks / the Canucks getting some black guy. At church, I figured I should have brought a jacket since it was cool out. Since there was no real program aside from eating and having fun, I discussed various things with Chris / Victor / Cynthia (Burnaby North grad with yearbook!) / Julie / Hilary / Margaret / Danny / Elaine / Sarah / Auntie Vivian / Jessica / Lawrence / Alan / Stanley / Eric T. / Golden / Sylver / Phoebe / Zoe / Antony / Steven / David.

I had a "WHAT?!" reaction to the news that Julie wants to name her future son Phoenix, to which Margaret just pointed to me as proof that it shouldn't be a name. We had spicy veggies, and Hilary didn't seem to like them - everyone had some chips / hot dogs / chicken wings / graham crackers / marshmallows / chocolate chips / Smores, though! Stanley had an iPhone shirt on, haha. There were various jokes in Chinese, but everyone was having (immature) fun! Everyone was looking at Cynthia's yearbook - we saw William, Steven, Rick (Jennifer's son looks MANLY now?!), and others in there as well. Stanley didn't like the idea of there being 24 pages of ads (even though they PAY some costs) in the yearbook, so polled everyone as to whether there were ads in THEIRS! There's a VBS orientation tomorrow, but since I never said I was going to help, I won't go.

Saw my grandma at church, so offered her graham crackers and some marshmallows; she took the crackers, but seemed ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIED at the marshmallows, hahaha. Some of us checked out the painting going on upstairs - Cordia and Uncle Rex were helping with some white ocean waves! (I talked to Jeremy Y. and his parents, too - said hi to Vivian / had fruit) Eventually, Auntie Vivian kindly drove me home since nobody was going to Richmond - we talked about ordering things from Awana, my family, and other things.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home