Friday, June 24, 2011

Excel and STRONG MINT / New bakery / Miyabi Ramen / Chrystal

Before I left, I called Eric to advise him that I wouldn't be going to Fellowship tonight. I told him that I had dinner plans which he couldn't even begin to conceive of, muhahaha. (he was like "... okay...." hahaha) Chrystal called, but I missed it - I assumed she was running late, so I left later than I would have, of course with books to read! She saw me reading (after I bought more on-sale noodles and Excel's newest gum flavor - STRONG MINT!), so thanked me profusely for waiting, while apologizing in equal measure since she accidentally took the YVR train! When we went to London Drugs and looked around at the cereal / snacks / food, I vented a bunch, and she told me that her sister Emily and Mike are going on some Belize adventure package for their honeymoon as something different. We checked out the new bakery near Richmond Centre - egg tarts, "tard" as an unfortunate substitution for "tart," red bean buns, butterfly pastries, cakes, and more.

We decided that we wanted something different than Boston Pizza, so I thought we should try the new ramen place called Miyabi near Save-On Foods. She'd tried Shanghaiese food around that plaza; later, she remembered that it was Dinesty Restaurant, and that it was pretty good. We saw the liquor store, Specialty Chicken and Wonton House, and other things on our way to the ramen place. At Miyabi, we had kimchi udon and short rib ramen in spicy miso; the service was pretty quick and friendly! We talked about Emily, Mom and her opinions, the Awana BBQ, offers of company, safety concerns, Steph / Lisa, Chantal, gum, her awesome supervisor Andrew whom I knew from church, eating junk food like Teddy Grahams at 3:30 AM, and more.

When we decided to check out Chapters, it was closed since it was 9:30 - then we checked out Amato Gelato, but it was cash only. (lots of sorbetto and interesting flavors!) I told Chrystal about the amazing Chapman's cappuccino frozen yogurt, which I could always have at home. She expressed concern about my walking to Shoppers Drug Mart and back once I said we could go there, so we cut the hangout a bit short with goodbyes. I went back to the gelato place and bought durian gelato for some reason - I don't know why I'm doing this as I vented at Teunis just last night, but we'll see. Discovered that redrum had started, too.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home