Saturday, June 18, 2011

Feeling safe with Jeremy!

Chinese Eric buzzed me on MSN because he just saw the riot news on TV, and hopes I'm okay - thank goodness I am, although I was nowhere near downtown on Wednesday! Nice that he's concerned, though! Then white Eric said he'd pick me up early for the ultimately boring / annoying missions panel discussion with Auntie Catherine / Wai-Mui / Randal. We did discuss venting, Mr. Creep, gas, my being "drunk," no playoff beard, and more on the way there. Once upstairs after talking to Amanda and Lanie, I was much chagrined to discover that Mr. Creep was indeed there - but I sat next to Jeremy, so that made things better! He discussed the riot aftermath and plywood walls with Raymond, while I said nothing as per protocol. After the program was over (with FAR too much input from Mr. Creep), I asked Jeremy whether he was going to the retreat; thank goodness he isn't!

Talked to Pastor Tom and the "different" woman Teresa about accents, Spanish, Texan being its own language where they smush everything together (like "y'all" and "all y'all"), the Dutch / English / Swedish in him, my PEANUTS vest, Snoopy being his imaginary friend when he was four, and some other stuff. Told Cindy that Game 5 last week had been way more important than Fellowship, haha. We discussed the riot aftermath and how some of Cindy's and Vivian's students had reacted. Eric made the elevator beep because he was waiting for Christon and Vivian to decide whether they wanted to use it - RUDE! On the way home, we discussed my supposedly being physically close to Mr. Creep (but I felt safe with Jeremy!), privacy, census work, leadership surveys on Father's Day, brunch, lunch, sports, and more.

At home, I didn't believe Teunis when he said it took him two hours to get home - and no, he had no right to tell me to go away and leave him alone. When I saw Sabrina's status about congestion everywhere just after 7, I definitely believed THAT, and thus believed Teunis. We also discussed thinking in French, stress, gum (I'm good as long as you aren't snapping / popping it or chewing it with your mouth open - like NORMAL), eggs, milk, yogurt, Chapman's cappuccino frozen yogurt, communication, and forgetting about onions. Also talked about gaming night (as opposed to GAME NIGHT), chocolate-covered doughnuts, odd cravings, coping, his not being in the mood for the frosty reception he got last night (still totally earned!), lime meringue pie, sausage, hot chocolate, and more. Then I got online and talked to James for a while, which is always good.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home