Sunday, May 22, 2011

Three separate 5-on-3 goals makes NHL playoff history!

Eric picked me up slightly early, but I was ready for it. We discussed hiking, Carmen, my parents being away, pronunciation, accents, the upcoming game, hand sanitizer (which is what he gets for always insinuating that I'm drunk!), and some other stuff. When we got to church, I saw Jon - he and Harmony had picked up Big G for church, so I said hi to her. (he says that she didn't remember much about his visit on Wednesday, but at least she remembered it the next day when *I* went to visit her!) I was determined to get to Randal before anyone else (read: Mr. CREEP) did, and I was successful. He told me that he was holding up okay, and that his dad was still lonely - well, at least Randal's moved back in with him temporarily! Then I went and talked to Emily, Nina, and Gerard about the false Rapture (I decided they didn't need to know about the woman killing her kids because of the EVENT), tomorrow's picnic / barbecue, Facebook statuses, Canucks games, the Vancouver Millionaires, Canucks logos, earthquakes, tsunamis, and more. I had to be careful not to look up too much because Mr. Creep WAS sitting at the very back of that pew section! I did see Enoch shake hands with Mr. Creep - NO! When I got back to my section, I said hi to Christon and Nathan W. - I gave the latter some Kleenex because of his cold.

During the sermon, I expected to fall asleep (and did) since I was so tired; stupid body waking up at 6:30 AM because of light streaming in through the window! Baby Marcus didn't seem too happy since he was crying! Asked Jon about the game: St. Augustine's sounded fine as an alternate location! (but I wasn't expecting it to be so bloody expensive) I would have stayed downstairs to talk to people, but I had to escape Mr. Creep! However, I did discuss "secret" meetings and hockey with the boys (Nathan / Jordan / Thomas) while having some ketchup chips - Nathan is right; overtime IS nerve-wracking! Also hugged Auntie Catherine hello, and said hi to Chung Ming and his wife Ellen. Plenty of people were wearing Canucks jerseys like I was; when I went upstairs (saying hi to Auntie Susan and her sister-in-law Pat on the way), little Micah and Gavin made a beeline straight to me! Micah (wearing his own jersey like his dad Mel and little brother Isaac) poked the logo on mine, and said "Jersey!" I asked if he liked it, and he did... then Gavin practically hugged me when he saw the logo, hahaha. (I also peeked at baby Emma, and engaged in a MEAN FACE WAR with her brother Joshua on the stairs)

Then I went into the toddler room, and said hi to Julie S. / Sarah C. / Connie Y. (Christian and Kaitlin) / Rachel's grandma / little Ashley / Ada / Jessie / Ramen / Shira / Isaac / Stella's sister Janet. I was reading to Ashley when Eric came upstairs to say that we were going; apparently, he'd thought I was in the foyer! (I waved to Adam) After talking to Jon and Harmony, Raymond drove me / Eric / Randal to the nearby pub... Dianne, Christon, Paul, and Kevin joined us later. We discussed the hockey game (4-2 WIN) / the next one being on Tuesday at 6, the HISTORIC THREE SEPARATE 5-on-3 Vancouver playoff advantages (two goals for Salo, and three in 1:55!), being mad at an easily-preventable penalty like too many men on the ice if we were the San Jose coach (and the second intermission locker room talk!), Randal having three cups of coffee so far today (French Press or not), risotto, the expensive prices, beer, the refs, pulled pork comparison, sandwiches, pizza, stout soup, yam fries, Dianne leaving us soon for Calgary, Pajo's at Steveston, and the Salmon Festival on Canada Day.

Also discussed brownie prices, Juliana and Michael K.'s wedding being on the same day as Emily and Mike T.'s, RSVP for weddings, jokes about smoking cigarettes, gelato, bus passes, "GO CANUCKS GO" / "Killer Whales Eat Sharks," possible royalty license fees when showing a game on TV in the pub, and more. After Raymond drove us back to the church, Eric and I discussed riding in Raymond's car / on-site BS and snacks meaning more social time with Mr. Creep / DNA in white hair root form / Holy Name Catholic Church (what?! no saint?!) / French words / cherry blossoms / Canucks hockey players I'd seemingly never heard of. When I got home, I thought Teunis had gone out since his car was still in the parking lot and the lights at home were off, so I played the post-game coverage before noticing that he was still sleeping - at least that DID wake him up and take care of that, though! Discussed musicals, medicine, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, Burnaby Heritage Village having a free Victoria Day celebration tomorrow (we're going - might see Kaili?), Steam / SCUMM VM / MONKEY ISLAND (Kaili has it), sensitivity / deadly allergy to cigarette smoke being much different than simply disliking it, pot, smoking bans, eggs, WOW, violin / flute music, showers, and more.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home