Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Noodles defeated me! / Getting high / Mountain king!

When I went out, it took some doing to find Deer Garden, but it's actually in the same plaza as Michigan Noodle Shop. Turns out Twinkle looks like it's closed, so I'm glad Dave and I went there for bubble tea last year, hahaha. Auntie Ying was at the restaurant before I was, which I expected - we talked about the big noodle soup bowls, and the combos reminded me of the ones at Cattle Café, right down to the Korean crystal noodles and tomato / pumpkin soup base! (I got the Tom Yum soup base with beef brisket and enoki mushrooms) We discussed Phil, Melia, Angus, Grace, Sonya, baby Micah, Toddler Sunday School (Jessie / David / Evelyn / Mattias using English / his baby brother Marcus / Ramen / Shira), her being a grandmother (Micah smiles at her!), prayer requests (I just said NO when she asked me if I had any - she doesn't need to know some things!), Angus' mom, Emily's wedding, her friends, Auntie Teresa / Auntie Gloria / Auntie Ena, her sister upsetting her by insinuating that she loved her mother-in-law more than her own mother, and more. Of course, I thanked her for the lunch before we left the restaurant separately!

Got home and discussed gum, Robert Miles' CHILDREN, THE HALL OF THE MOUNTAIN KING, Afroman's BECAUSE I GOT HIGH, Aphex Twin, and various other songs with Teunis. Chinese Eric called to see whether I was home or not, so that was a good time to tell him about the computer issues. I brought up my "system restore" idea with Teunis, who said it might work - lo and behold, it did! He said something about the product key, so I told Eric about that too. When Eric came over at 4, he met Teunis, then talked to him for a bit about piracy and things like that. He also gave me the USB stick with ORPHAN and THE TIME TRAVELLER'S WIFE on it.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home