Monday, April 18, 2011

Deer Garden, websites as "Internet," Chinese Eric, Auntie Ying, and Andrew in Awana

Teunis made carrots and potatoes for dinner with Chinese sausage, while telling me about his appointment earlier and money. Yeah, that kind of thing is hard, but I figure he knows how to budget! I called Chinese Eric, but his mom said that he wasn't available! When Teunis left MY apartment, Chinese Eric had just called back, so I asked him about the plans for tomorrow. (if I watched the hockey game here, Teunis would probably kill me even though it IS my place and all...) He said that Nate had left him a message on MSN to say that he and Jeremy would be by before the game, so I told him that Jon can't bail on SERVANTS, which is totally understandable! We talked about the nerve-wracking game yesterday; yes, it was intense! He definitely still has my bowl, which we kinda do need around here. Before he said he had to take his medicine, he said he'd be by at 4:30; when I said that it might be cutting time TOO close even if his place is relatively nearby, he said 4:15. At least his mom knows Nathan, so won't hesitate TOO long in letting Jeremy in with him, hahaha!

When Teunis got back, I was going to call Auntie Ying - she said stuff about her sister upsetting her, Deer Garden Restaurant, Alexandra Road, and some other things. I educated her on Google and Translink (plus bus directions!) in turn, haha. "The restaurant has an Internet," she said - so cute! [she meant a website, of course] Actually, I thought she said "beer garden" instead of "deer garden" - of course, beer gardens and Auntie Ying do not mix, haha! Andrew then asked me how to work "Awana" into a volunteer job that deals with kids; GOOD QUESTION! (religion might be too much - teamwork and respect might not be, though!) Then Teunis and I discussed fish (bladder) soup, storage, books, organization, walking in the park, his musical instruments, Google Alerts, Swedish fish, Hotmail, a Dutch saying using cat poop as an idiom, weird news, yesterday's shiitake mushroom beer, Windows apparently not being genuine, product keys, and more.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home