Monday, April 18, 2011

3-2 playoff win! / Pi to two million places

When Eric picked me up, he wished me a good morning and wondered about my energy drink. Hey, sometimes I need one, and I don't wish to put it in the church fridge for later just in case! Discussed gas prices (138.7?), possibly staying out all day, Mr. Creep (I am not just going to accept him!), my being "drunk," the Royal Wedding, baby Emma, Darkwing Duck, SCREAM 4, my sister, election work, and more. When we got to church, the only other ESC person in the sanctuary was Mr. Creep, so I hung around the foyer until others got there. (said hi to Sandi and Alexis, too) I found the bulletins, so took some for me / Jonathan / Joanna; I refused to give one to Mr. Creep, of course. After I exchanged greetings with Brian and Daniel, Christon sat on the far end of my pew, which is fine - Nathan W. said hi a bit later, and his mom guided a friend there too. Two eleven-year-olds don't take up THAT much space, so that was also fine.

I talked to Pastor Tom about my Canucks jersey, which reminds him of his Kings days since THE SKATE is the first logo he remembers. During the sermon, I had to cringe again at his pronunciation of "Joseph" - good thing we're finished with Genesis! Afterwards, I said hi to Uncle Stephen before leaving the sanctuary to look for Grandma - Mom said she had stuff for me and Jon, so I took it. I went to the fellowship hall and added my Munchies to the snack table; Amanda Lee thanked me by name, which is pretty good. I said hi to Grace, and let Phil know that two more people were coming to breakfast next week; I've already reserved my $10 payment to cover me and Teunis! (when I told him about this later - since he HAS been under stress - he thanked me) Talked to Dianne and Karen I. about baby Marcus; I can't believe he and baby Micah are six months old now! Baby Marcus liked stuffing his hands into his mouth, which doesn't surprise me! Went upstairs and said hi to Jeff / Anita / Allison / baby Joanna - Allison liked Watermania, and was telling me about the waterslides and waves. Sounds like fun! I also saw Frances with her boys Micah and Isaac - she asked about Steph, so I'll pass that on.

Saw Alexis, Ramen, Shira, a happy Mattias, Anastasia, Esther, Ada, her friend Sophia, David, Evelyn, and Ashley at Toddler Sunday School... I wished Calla a happy birthday, and then so did her mom, making that Labor Day joke which Ron did a while back. I was busy playing with Lego, blocks, cars, and other toys (Mattias does love cars!) when Jon hailed me from the door. Figuring that the kids were fine, I talked to him and Harmony for a few minutes about Steph after giving them the stuff from Mom; they said that they'd had a really busy week, and Harmony was in fact going home to sleep for a bit before Nathan's Heritage Research thing. Ramen wrote his name for me, and drew his family as royal people; hahaha, I remember when I used to draw goat royalty as a kid!

After that, I went downstairs to loiter for a bit while Eric was on Nathan's laptop and we discussed lunch options. As we were loitering anyway, I decided to talk to Grandma - she wanted me to have tea with her, but I said that White Kid / Bearded Man / our friends were going to watch TV, having forgotten how to say "hockey" in Chinese! (I refuse to call Nathan "Fat Kid," even if it's not as pejorative in Chinese as it sounds in English) Then I talked to Dianne about Steph - I didn't care that my dad came up behind me since I can talk about whatever I want! She wanted to know if I could help my parents through that - maybe after I give them some time! When Margaret came up, Dianne told her to avoid secondhand smoke. We finally got going and ate at this ramen place near the Cactus Club on Cambie / Broadway - we discussed Mr. Creep (ugh), SLB, Isabel's two-year Europe trip, Nathan's research, couchsurfing, hostels, Jon and Harmony going to Amsterdam (weed jokes galore!), psychiatry, hypnosis, noodles, the Sun Run, Chinese Eric's planned hockey hangout, how Nate met Ciel, the Downtown Eastside "code" of respect (not bothering the kids at school), and more.

Dianne / Kevin / Wes left for home, while I went with Eric / Jon / Randal / Nathan / Christon / Isabel to Jeremy's place to watch the hockey game. Harmony / Raymond / Connie / Vicky showed up later for Nate's research project. We had an interesting discussion about Communist China, patriotic songs, our parents and the values they imparted to us, our families (never knew that Raymond had half-Filipino or half-Venezuelan cousins), movie clips, family drama, stuff I haven't thought about in years, lessons of various sorts, relatives, and other things. The hockey game was SO INTENSE, especially when Chicago scored first! We had honey mustard / BBQ / honey garlic chicken wings, a few different kinds of beer and cheese (thanks to Nate), black bean dip, spinach dip, chips, pumpkin pudding with whipped cream (or honey in Eric's case), and raw veggies while discussing hits / Raffi Torres / Afroman's I GOT HIGH / Ryan's friends coming to grab the rest of his stuff / the post being a goalie's best friend, power plays, our reactions to various plays / CHARLIE THE UNICORN / Youtube / other things. I noticed Jeremy's reading material in the bathroom: Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Plunges into History Again! He says someone was going to throw it away downstairs - hey, you DO find cool things in such piles!

We won the game 3-2, which was VERY GOOD! Later, Eric drove me home: we discussed my hair, the usual subjects, French (frogs / horses), and other stuff. At home, I told Teunis that Roberto Luongo was the KING - since he doesn't follow hockey, he took that to mean that Vancouver won. We discussed mushroom soup, drugs, Hundred Mile House, some bike which suddenly appeared (says he got it from Jordan), tomorrow's plans, 50% off the Third-Pounder burgers from McDonalds (gotta get them tomorrow), radio shows, my sister, babies, science fiction (FLOWERS FROM ALGERNON?!), and more. Interesting day, to be sure! I had the thought that I should get Jeremy a guestbook since he'll have people over! (should have had the thought years ago, honestly!)


Vis Chris W.: Pi to two million digits.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home