Saturday, March 05, 2011

Five hours' Youtube videos, Cattle Café, NG lungpower, and enoki!

BREATH OF FIRE II tool-assisted speedrun... I'm just amazed / amused that I have found a five-hour long video on Youtube, even though I know they removed the time limits for recording / uploading!


Eric picked me up shortly after I called him (getting Ron on the phone), and I spent the ride over ranting, as usual - he should be used to that by now! We talked about the insanely rainy weather, my supposed paranoia in dealing with certain things, Teunis, my week, my making Teunis deaf with the NG lungpower, gifts for Pastor Edward's gift basket (I later decided to get onion (ring)-flavored chips; at least I wasn't the only one who forgot!), Ecuador chocolate, Netspeak, STARCRAFT II Mission walkthroughs, DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS ONLINE, Netspeak, Phil / Grace / Micah / a free photo shoot, Grandma's eating preferences (and her 91st birthday), and more on the way to Cattle Café. He also told me that I was holding the cell phone awkwardly when he wanted to let Christon know where we were - hey, I could hear Christon just fine! Met Martin, Kevin, Geoffrey, Christon, Cindy, and Jane at the restaurant; discussed Cindy thinking the name of the place was KETTLE CAFÉ, Christy Clark and local politics, tomato and pumpkin soup, fish tofu soup with no MSG, our weeks, the numbing effect of the hot peppers in my Szechuan soup, cuttlefish, beef, Crystal Sweet Potato noodles, and more. We also talked about Calgary and Alberta for some reason - I later learned from Eric that Jane is from there, which makes sense. Geoffrey also left early since he has to volunteer at SFU tomorrow for a Gr. 8-9 math competition, so at least we didn't have to drive him home later! I gave Martin his birthday card, and he thanked me for that and my FB birthday message!

Eric and I drove Cindy and Jane to Jane's car - apparently, Jane had picked up Cindy on the way to the restaurant. It would have totally sucked to walk to the Metrotown parking lot from Nelson / Kingsway in the insane rainy weather! Then we talked about the far distance from Richmond to Metrotown, the bad traffic, certain people, his car radio, Team 1040 being fine while 980 had a lot of static, and crafts on the way to church. We met up with the rest of the group in the lounge: I reminded myself to get something for Pastor Edward's gift basket (onion ring-flavored chips?) and some of my religion / school progress stickers for Cindy. We were amused by her negative-sounding stamps in her kit: "MESSY" and "YOU DO NOT LISTEN" - they were gifts from a teacher friend, she says. Well, at least she didn't buy them! The group discussed the images in her MASTERFILES books, appropriate Bible verses, the Byrds' TURN! TURN! TURN!, burgers and fries, clocks being bad luck to give to an Asian person (Jane has knowledge that we don't!), toilet paper, asking questions about scanning documents for Powerpoint, and more.

On the way home, Eric and I discussed whether I should go to Mexican mole night at Jeremy's on Sunday after the Committee Meeting (he didn't tell me about that before?!) / downtime, Sarah / Emily / Lesley, the Canada Line, special plans, The Evil People, and more. At home, I checked my email and found that Mom wanted to add me to Facebook - BLOCKED! Then I called my sister to ask why she compelled Mom to get a FB account; she said she DIDN'T, and was surprised to get that email. Steph figures she'll put Mom on a very limited profile view, so I reminded her about her relationship status. Maybe I should also remove the block (since she knows I have an account) and put Mom on a limited profile view. Hmm... I dunno. Teunis and I discussed noodles, enoki mushrooms, frozen chicken breast / sausages, noodles, veggies, his game / characters / new online people, blowing up a boat, and more.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home